Cockpit elements, aircraft strangely bright at night after a recent update

Rolds

On 2.7.11.22211

Aircraft interiors and exteriors have become very bright at night time, making it hard to see out of the cockpit. Mig21 seems most affected. Moon phase doesn't affect this. It is like there is a lighbox effect causing the aircraft to self illuminate at night or something, not sure exactly how to describe it. A friend flying mig21 in multiplayer reported the same effects.

Screen_220413_211558.png

Screen_220413_215725.png

Screen_220413_215927.png

Screen_220413_215757.png

Edited by Rolds

Whoever marked this as solved, it is not solved! I was able to reproduce the problem. I fixed the issue with deleting metashader and FXO files (again), then flew a night misison in the Mig21. Texture was fine. Then I flew a quick day misison. Day texture looked a little weird to me. Then I went back to a night mission and the cockpit is glowing in the dark again. Closing DCS, uninstalling FXO and metashader, then reopening DCS appears to solve the issue without running a repair.

Also when the problem occurs it also seems to make water glow as you can see in this screenshot from Bandar Abbas looking south.

Screen_220420_180952.png

Edited by Rolds
More information

It is I that asked for the "solved" tag because you said it was solved yourself. Here:

Now that you showed me what the world looked like, I can tell you it's a known bug. It's reported and we are waiting for a fix.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

@Rolds The cockpit part might be MiG-21-specific, so you might be better off reporting in their part of the forum. Have you tested if it happens in other planes as well?

I seem to recall MiG's pit was never 100% converted to be PBR compatible, so various lighting and shading issues in latest DCS versions are a given, unfortunately. We know from Rudel's posts made last summer that full cockpit rework was planned, but with their hands on deck for F4U module, apart from new gunsight we got there's no ETA given for the rest of that rework.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.