Thrustmaster Hotas X problems

Hello all guys,

this my first post here and hope I can solve my problem, as now I'm eager to start play DCS after years of see video around the net.

But first of all I'll specify that I'm a total noob around almost all, my sim career is limited to the SF2 series, quite simple but highly funny after all.

So , consider to speak with a 3 y.o. baby in my thread...

As per title, I'm soldiering with a second hand Hotas X in perfect shape and with the other sims I've no problem at all, really plug & play.

I bought Flaming Cliff 3 as I read that the planes here are a bit simple to fly 'cause the pits aren't fully clickable etc...

So to esy a bit my life , downloaded from this forum the profiles for the SU-25T and F-15C

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/it/files/1460355/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/it/files/3315493/

Followed the instruction, added first the modifiers and later the .lua files; start the training and discovered that pratically only the axis assignament works, and even in this case I'd to invert the Z and RZ in order to have the rudder with the rotation of the stick and the throttle working as this, For the F-15, this trick don't work and the throttle don't move at all.

So,I'll ask some help to at least have the profile of these two planes working to learn the basic about fly in DCS.

Thanks in advance for any support/tips and sorry for my english!!!

I have a Thrustmaster Hotas One, which is just a new version. I personally don't use profiles for my stick and don't have any issues with the stick or throttle. Maybe you just need to manually configure it within the sim to get it to work.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Eric think I'll give a try and insert manually the keys, maybe is a better solution.

Kermit many many thanks for your offer,unfortunately I don't have Discord; about the software I don't know if is the same, when I stated that I'm a complete noob wasn't a joke!

Yeah I never used presets for my stick so yeah good luck.

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Hello guys, I solved the issue in the simplest way, Cleared all the command for the Hotas from the settings for both the SU-25T and F-15C,siconnected and reconnected the Hotas from the USB. At this point for each plane I addedd firts the modifier and only after this loaded the .lua files.

Now all work as advertised.

Wish thanks all for the help offer guys, now need an extensive training, Is there any training missions for the F-15? In FC the only trainig missions are for Russian planes.

P.S. Can the SU-25T control profile loaded for the "standard" SU-25 of FC?

Many thanks and Happy Easter to all

4 hours ago, Kurnass1977 said:

Hello guys, I solved the issue in the simplest way, Cleared all the command for the Hotas from the settings for both the SU-25T and F-15C,siconnected and reconnected the Hotas from the USB. At this point for each plane I addedd firts the modifier and only after this loaded the .lua files.

Wish thanks all for the help offer guys, now need an extensive training, Is there any training missions for the F-15? In FC the only trainig missions are for Russian planes.

Happy Easter to you too, and here is your "egg" 😉

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313014/

6 hours ago, Kurnass1977 said:

The Su-25T is much different from the Su-25 so you'd need separate profiles to use them.

Il 17/4/2022 at 14:51, MAXsenna ha scritto:

Happy Easter to you too, and here is your "egg" 😉

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313014/

Thanks for the link, started the training😉

Il 17/4/2022 at 16:26, EricJ ha scritto:

The Su-25T is much different from the Su-25 so you'd need separate profiles to use them.

Sure, the T is have more avionics,etc...

Maybe can use the profile as a starting point and adjust the commands.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kurnass1977 said:

Thanks for the link, started the training😉

Sure, the T is have more avionics,etc...

Maybe can use the profile as a starting point and adjust the commands.

Sure thing

First if all, welcome to DCS. 

Okay, so depending on how your brain is wired, using a pre made bindings might work great, or won't work at all. Personally I can't use anyone else profiles as I apparently bind things weird, yet they make sense to me. 

So keep that in mind. 

Next, DCS is very different that any other sim I've played. It's a combat sim. The normal bindings you want quick access to in say, Microsoft flight sim, don't matter as much. Different priorities. Trust me I learned that one one the hard way. 

Alright, now all that being said, DCS can be daunting and even frustrating as he'll when you first get here. I know it was for me. Because of that frustration, I ended up starting a squadron to help new and old players alike learn their aircraft. We've got instructors for just about all the jets in DCS, and most of the helicopters. 

You're welcome to drop by our discord. Just say you need help with something and you're new, or whatever and we'll find someone to help you. Trust me, it save you about a month of frustration to talk to one of our guys about binding your stuff. 

Here's the discord link, anyone who needs a little dcs help, or just wants someone to fly with is welcome. https://discord.gg/JuBydbsfDn

See you in the skies.

• Like 1