comms fail

colubridae
Go to solution Solved by colubridae,

I cannot get the comms to work. Don't know what i'm doing wrong.

I've started from parking hot at batumi.

VHF on eufd show 121.00o.

I use manual button on MFD to change this frequency to 131.000 via keyboard unit.

still doesn't work

the comms message appears but no response from batumi ATC

also the first message goes straight to batumi ATC. If i select f11 parent menu, then select F5 ATC batumi does not appear in drop down list.

Also of note I have to bind the comms key to something other than the default. 

The default 'ralt \' doesn't initiate comms and I've found that DCS does not recognise my keystroke '\'. It calls it OEM102

(i think OEM stands for OtherEquipmentManufacturer i have a UK keyboard)

i've attached a trk file i hope it shows the problem.

comms fail.trk

I can't watch the track right now - but are you using the 'communications menu' keybinding or one of the two dedicated radio pushbuttons? The communications menu, AFAIK, is only available when on the ground and talking to ground crew.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

• Solution

thanks rongor 

that was the problem.

Batumi in the edit file shows blue.

but there are several red units dotted around the airfield. and the F10 map showed Batumi as red. (i hadn't configured it as red in the mission editor, i don't know how)

as soon as i tried a mission without red units around the airfield then Batumi showed up on the F10 map as blue.

comms then worked as expected.

(even using 'ralt and OEM102' key combo)

and thanks looseseal for suggestion.

Edited by colubridae

If the airbase has no bluefor near it, and it has redfor ground units, they will capture the base. If you want to prevent that, place blue ground units at the base to keep it defended. They could be invisible and immortal if you don't want the red ground units to engage them.