Rysen 5800X3D

DayGlow

Anyone picking up the new AMD CPU with the huge cache to see of it has any increase for DCS?

I'm rocking a 3700x and I'd love to know how much better it is for edge cases like DCS. 

• Like 1

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

On 4/14/2022 at 11:12 AM, nikoel said:

Yeah I am buying it as soon as it's released (provided I can get my dirty paws on one)

I am upgrading from a (RiceZen 3900x) so it will be an interesting experiment

I also have a 3900x - let me know how it goes, especially in multiplayer (also do you use VR?

• Like 1

Does a bear crap in the woods? 

Don't expect any graphs from SteamVR. I am using the same settings and options as in my OpenXR thread, 

I will try to get some graphs from AMD logging utility and OpenXR Toolkit though

Edited by nikoel

Tried it a bit this morning, coming from a 5600x ( 4000mhz ddr4 and 3080 10gb) a noticeable improvement in CPU frametimes of around 3 or 4ms less in Enigma server, where I used to have lots of problems in VR mainly because of over 21 ms CPU frametime. Never did a proper benchmark but it think it works quite good with DCS. I still need to try the Apache in some  specific situations I've trying lately with it.

What about temperature? 5800x is known to run hot and wondering is there any improvement with 3D?

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11