dropped frames with Oculus Quest 2 since about a week

Hi all,

This is not an issue related to DCS (i think), but you guys must experience it too and might know a solution.

Since about a week I have a lot of dropped frames (a few every second) as soon as I establish the Oculus LInk (wired or wireless). The issue is visible even before starting a game. The Oculus performance overlay reports dropped froms from the app and compositor. 
I did not have the issue before.

Oculus software version 38 on windows and device

NVIDIA driver 512.12

Windows 11 (i am afraid something change here through auto updates).

Any help?

Thanks @Flappie. I am using only the software from the manufacturers.

When trying Virtual Desktop with SteamVR this particular issue seems gone, but general performance is worse. That's why I suspect it to be an Oculus/Win11 issue that occurred due to a Windows update. I have filed a support ticket with Oculus and will report back if then solved it for me.

Ocuclus support send me a procedure to resolve the issue, which involved things like unplugging every USB device and resetting the computer. It did not sound like a solution, but it was. Back to normal 'no stutter' performance.

+2 for Oculus Support, as this is the 2nd time they resolved an issue for within 24 hours.

On 4/15/2022 at 5:19 PM, dutchili said:

Ocuclus support send me a procedure to resolve the issue, which involved things like unplugging every USB device and resetting the computer. It did not sound like a solution, but it was. Back to normal 'no stutter' performance.

+2 for Oculus Support, as this is the 2nd time they resolved an issue for within 24 hours.

Hi, could you be more specific about "resetting the computer" ?

Thank you 

Edited by pixie

Oculus support wrote:

Thank you for reaching out to Oculus Support. 

I understand that you are having issue with the graphic performance of your apps while connected via Oculus Link . Rest assured, I'll be here to assist you.

I appreciate you providing details about your concern. In line with this issue, I would advise in following these troubleshooting steps:

• Temporarily disable the Airlink feature on your Quest 2 headset and computer then connect your cable. This 2 can normally cause conflict with each other.
  • Check if the headset is connected to a USB 3.0 port.
  • Re-seat the cable on the headset and computer. Please also inspect it for any damage.
  • Make sure to update your GPU and USB to the latest version. For additional information, please click here.
  • Opt to our Public Test Channel for the latest update and fix. You can click here for the instruction on how to opt in.

The Oculus headset does use USB power and bandwidth from your PC. If your PC's USB is being worked to capacity, this can potentially cause the kind of issue that you've described. To help check if this is happening, please try the following:

• Unplug all USB devices from your computer except for your keyboard, mouse, and your headset.
  • Plug your headset USB cable in to the back of your PC, not the front or anywhere else.
  • Disable USB Selective Suspend Setting:
    1. right-click Start
    2. click Power Options
    3. click Additional Power Settings
    4. click Change plan settings
    5. click Change Advanced Power Settings
    6. find USB Settings
    7. make sure that Selective Suspend Setting is set to Disabled, not Enabled
  • Ensure that USB power saving settings in Windows Device Manager are not enabled for your USB ports:
    1. right-click the Start button and open Device Manager
    2. find your USB ports
    3. right-click and select Properties
    4. go to Power Management
    5. make sure that options to save power are deselected (please note that it is normal that some of them will not have any checkbox for power saving settings).

Once all that has been confirmed, please restart your computer.

Meanwhile, if the issue persists, I would like to ask for a copy of your Oculus log file so we can review it for the possible cause of the issue. You can follow the steps below in order to do so:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

Looking forward to hearing back from you with the results.

• Thanks 1