HP Reverb G2 greyscreen with loading balls

atfasdfasdfa

Hello, 

When loading into a heavy mission or server my HP reverb G2 display goes black with 4 floating balls. Steamvr does not crash and the headset is still tracking. Have tried clearing WMR environment with no effect as well as reinstalling everything.

I am using steam edition

Specs:

i7-8700K

16gb ram ddr4

GTX1080

Latest windows 10 vesrion

well you are a bit lowside of RAM, what are your DCSOptions and G2 resolution settings??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

You might, want to increase the shader cache size in the nvidia driver, and your pagefile in Windows,  try 32gb.

But you are low on RAMandd another 16gb will help.

Also your 1080 is below par to drive a G2 in DCS.

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Thanks for the reply's I am using the medium preset for dcs settings and steamvr resolution is set to 100% I haven't messed with any resolution settings anywhere else. And the graphics present is the only setting I have u sed for dcs the rest are default. 

I will try increasing the shader cache to 32gb . Good to know I need more ram thanks. 

I had the same symptoms after a Windows 10 update a few days ago. The update seems to have set the page file to be written on my HD in stead of my SSD making the page memory extreamly slow and VR would crash. Changed it back to my SSD drive and VR started working again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1