Bug: Can not jettison empty Zuni pods...

Callsign JoNay

I noticed recently that I am unable to jettison empty Zuni pods. Jettisoning full Zuni pods works fine both with the emergency jettison button and selective jettison via Jester. However if the pods are empty both the emergency jettison button and selective jettison via Jester fail to drop the pods. 

If you jump into the back seat you can jettison the pods yourself if you toggle the MER TER / WPNS switch. You can also see that Jester tried to use the SEL JETT switch as it's stuck in the up/JETT position.

Affects both the A and B.

Video attached:

PS. Anyone happen to know how to fix a USB "Device Descriptor Request Failed" error in the Device Manager? I've tried every fix I can find online and my USBs keep connecting/re-connecting! It's driving me crazy.

• Like 1

Here's another video:

It appears that if there's even one rocket remaining in one of the pods on a hardpoint the emergency jettison and selective jettison via Jester works OK. Any hardpoints carrying a pod(s) that are completely empty can't be jettisoned with emergency jett or Jester selective jett. You have to jump into the back seat to do it yourself as demonstrated in the first post of this thread.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...