Description Lua Options and In-Cockpit-View Helmet

Aynareth

Hi there!
I'm working on a Skin for my Squadron Mates, but ran into some "Problems", well not real Problems but some Questions.

Has anyone figured out how the dynamic Bort Numbers can be enabled, or are they not implemented yet?

I want to use

[1002] = 1.0, -- change of type intake board number

Second Question, when I make a custom AH-64D_pilot_helmet_shell.dds the Texture only shows in external view and in the Mirror but not on the Helmet, very strange. 😕

Any Ideas or help?

apache template.png

Edited by Aynareth

That helmet texture is part of the cockpit not the skin I think, I tried to mess around with it but it does not work as part of the skin, I may have missed something there obviously.

This is the file I found "pilot_AH64_helmet.dds" which is in a zip file called AH-64D-CPT-TEXTURES which is located in "Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Textures", I am assuming that's the file for the helmet.  If you figure it out let us know, I will mess around with it some more and see what can be done, I have an idea I will try later, but if that works it would mean it would change the helmet for all skins as it will be part of the cockpit not the skin, which is not what I want, I want it just to change for a specific skin.

Edited by Nevyn

Well, that somehow doesn't make much sense to me. Why make the Textures for Helmets available in the first place and then they only show in external view and mirrors?

I've found a alternate File in the Original Archive called AH-64D_pilot_helmet_shell_B.dds and tried to use it with:

{"AH-64D_pilot_helmet_shell_B", DIFFUSE ,       "AH-64D_pilot_helmet_shell", false};

but that doesn't seem to work either.So I'm still interested if there is a way to change all of the helmet with a skin.

If you change that file I mentioned it changes the colour of the helmet inside the cockpit, so it's part of the cockpit textures, the external views will still show whatever the skins helmet is.

image.png

Edited by Nevyn

First, thanks for the Help Nevyn.
But this is very disappointing somehow. Hopefully ED makes this Texture Part of the Livery, just have it on external view and Mirrors just don't make sense.
Let's hope for the Best - and that someone from ED hears my plead. 😅