AGM-84E SLAM autopilot BUG

GumidekCZ

When SLAM is released off heading to target... its autopilot cannot steer missile back on target.

I dont know, why SLAM or SLAM-ER need to steer right on course marked at time of release, why the missile not just steer on HDG to TGT?

Almost any steering of AGM-84E will cause dramatic decrease of speed (rising AoA) ... due to its autopilot and at high alt also due to poor aerodynamic performance - missile will never achieve to gain speed back and will fall to ground. This dumb behaviour can be observed with any height profile.

AGM-84E_Off_Course_ReL_BUG.trk

• ED Team

Please let me know if you have any public proof of its capability in a off heading release.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

37 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Please let me know if you have any public proof of its capability in a off heading release.

thanks

Will do if.

Strange that AGM-84H can do that. Seems that ED have the proof for much modern missile. 😆

PROOF, PROOF, PROOF, PROOF, PROOF, PROOF, ... if you dont have it ... dont bother admins. I will have that in my mind. Sorry, but Im sick of searching PROOFs for any idiotic DCS Bug. I you still need it, I will rather spread any DCS issues among the players comunity, than reporting it to be fixed.

Edited by GumidekCZ

• ED Team

I am not trying to by awkward, if you don't have any evidence no problem, but I can not promise anything will change. 

thanks

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

the team are aware of the issue and a fix will be in a future patch. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2