Advanced command for Gun Select (up/down)

Havner

There is no separate function/lua command/binding for gun select that can select up/down position separately. As the element is not even clickable I don't think a lua command for the device was ever created. Only iCommandPlaneModeCannon exists which is not enough to hold a 2 way switch (like trigger cover in virpil sticks) synchronized.

Please add such a binding/command whatever. Same way it can be achieved on Mi-8 and Mi-24 for RS cover.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 4/15/2022 at 2:43 PM, Havner said:

There is no separate function/lua command/binding for gun select that can select up/down position separately. As the element is not even clickable I don't think a lua command for the device was ever created. Only iCommandPlaneModeCannon exists which is not enough to hold a 2 way switch (like trigger cover in virpil sticks) synchronized.

Please add such a binding/command whatever. Same way it can be achieved on Mi-8 and Mi-24 for RS cover.

I have created such a Lua to use a 2 way switch from my F16 stick.
1 stage selects the gun.
2 stage fires

on release  the gun is deselected.

when I am at home I will post the file here, it also passes the IC and is therefore MP suitable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hobel said:

I have created such a Lua to use a 2 way switch from my F16 stick.
1 stage selects the gun.
2 stage fires

on release  the gun is deselected.

when I am at home I will post the file here, it also passes the IC and is therefore MP suitable.

I know how you did it, but it's not what I'm talking about.

With your setup press 'C' and then try to fire the gun. That's the issue. You can de-synchronize the state. Unless you used some LUA device::command I'm not aware of (and which I requested in the OP).

EDIT:

Using something like this for Mi-24 you cannot de-synchronize the state and this is what I requested.

{down = weapon_commands.Pilot_RUV_FIRE_Cvr, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAP_SYS, value_down = 1, name = _('Weapon Release Button Cover OPEN'), category = {_('Ins Cyclic Stick')}},
{down = weapon_commands.Pilot_RUV_FIRE_Cvr, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAP_SYS, value_down = 0, name = _('Weapon Release Button Cover CLOSE'), category = {_('Ins Cyclic Stick')}},

Or doing a single DOWN/UP command that you could use for dual stage trigger like your use case.

Edited by Havner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So in my case the first stage must be held to keep the weapon selected, as soon as I let go, the weapon is deselected again.

what you see in the video is all triggered by a 2 stage trigger

https://streamable.com/g761ji

if it is not that I honestly still do not know exactly what you mean😅

you need to replace these 3 files.

default.lua Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.diff.lua Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua

Edited by Hobel