So, I've made an upgrade (ish)

Rasmus Højgaard

Sorry for going off topic, but I just have to say that is the coolest DIY Cockpit chair that I have ever seen. 😉

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

24 minutes ago, Rasmus Højgaard said:

Well thanks a lot. It's a bit redneck engineered. But it works great for vr 🤟

But comfort is another story. Those screws get you haha

Redneck engineering is best engineering. I once helped a buddy carry a heavy freezer out of his basement. He provided a hand cart to help us chain it and lift it up the stairs. Turns out one of the tires had a hole and so the weight flattened it. We put air in the tire with his small air compressor but the hole was too big. It flattened again. But it held the air for about 30 seconds. So… we pumped the tire, lifted the freezer up a stair or two, then refilled the tire. Hillbilly but the job got done 😉 

• Like 2

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

16 minutes ago, S. Low said:

Redneck engineering is best engineering. I once helped a buddy carry a heavy freezer out of his basement. He provided a hand cart to help us chain it and lift it up the stairs. Turns out one of the tires had a hole and so the weight flattened it. We put air in the tire with his small air compressor but the hole was too big. It flattened again. But it held the air for about 30 seconds. So… we pumped the tire, lifted the freezer up a stair or two, then refilled the tire. Hillbilly but the job got done 😉 

Well, sometimes things do not have to be so complicated to work haha

14 minutes ago, Beirut said:

I'm still wondering how he incorporates the bicycles into the cockpit. 🤔

Do you stick your legs straight out and pedal for rotor speed?

Actually I am the one producing all the torque. When those pesky small apache engines can't deliver the juice, I step in. Goes well above 30.000 feet with 16 hellfires.

Kidding aside I just built it in my garage and it’s not in the room I play in. Therefore my bicycle is in the background. But i think you would’ve figured that out haha. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rasmus Højgaard said:

... and the little cursor on the warthog throttle is just not cutting it.

You might want to try this. I thought it was worth taking a risk on it a couple of years ago and I've never looked back. Fairly simple to install (screwdrivers are about the limit of my technical ability!), and actually makes the slew usable, which the standard slew nipple definitely isn't.

https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/thumbstick-slew-sensor-adapter

• Like 1

Hi Frosty

I got one of those a while back, because the mouse finger thing was a waste of as good control point. It was easy to install, just be careful when putting it all back together that you clear the cables out the way of the mounts for the long screws to put the sides back on

Other than that, it is the best upgrade I have fitted to my TM Warthog Throttle quadrant

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

I upgraded to the Delta Sim and second Frostycab’s suggestion, great slew now. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

1 hour ago, frostycab said:

You might want to try this. I thought it was worth taking a risk on it a couple of years ago and I've never looked back. Fairly simple to install (screwdrivers are about the limit of my technical ability!), and actually makes the slew usable, which the standard slew nipple definitely isn't.

https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/thumbstick-slew-sensor-adapter

I’m fielding my new setup now. And having a joystick is very nice. But I could still see myself doing that mod as I fly pretty much every other module. And in a fixed wing aircraft I don’t think having two joysticks to manage is very good. Thanks for the tip😀

• Like 1