AM radio is not working since one of the latest updates

mtakacs

The issue started to appear since I updated to the latest BETA version. This was not present previously.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start A-10C II - Enemy Within 3 campaign Mission 6 or Mission 7 (I have tested these, but probably all other will do as well)

2. Turn on Battery and Inverters, start APU, turn on APU GEN PWR

3. Turn on AM Radio, tune to frequency 133.000

4. Request startup clearence from Kobuleti tower

5. The tower will NOT give any answer

Solution to fix:

1. In mission editor, select the initial point of the player's flight, and edit the Advanced (Waypoint Actions)

2. Delete or disable the "Set Frequency(34.4)" action

This will resolve the issue.

AM radio issue.jpg

On 4/15/2022 at 11:08 AM, mtakacs said:

The issue started to appear since I updated to the latest BETA version. This was not present previously.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start A-10C II - Enemy Within 3 campaign Mission 6 or Mission 7 (I have tested these, but probably all other will do as well)

2. Turn on Battery and Inverters, start APU, turn on APU GEN PWR

3. Turn on AM Radio, tune to frequency 133.000

4. Request startup clearence from Kobuleti tower

5. The tower will NOT give any answer

Solution to fix:

1. In mission editor, select the initial point of the player's flight, and edit the Advanced (Waypoint Actions)

2. Delete or disable the "Set Frequency(34.4)" action

This will resolve the issue.

AM radio issue.jpg

I can confirm this bug, it exists in the regular A10C as well not just the Tank Killer Upgrade

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2022 at 7:21 PM, baltic_dragon said:

Yes, but it will also disable all the custom comms with your wingman. I will test it when I get back to my flying rig, but I would advise against this step - and just fly without ATC for the time being. 

It's not just so simple to ignore the ATC... with the radio inoperable you won't get any reports from JTAC, and won't be able to complete some of the JTAC dependent missions...

Edited by mtakacs

This doesn't appear to have been fixed with the latest update either. I tested it in both the Persian Gulf and Georgia outside of the TEW campaign and the AM radio works so it is definitely something that is related to the campaign itself and not a general bug in the A10C or DCS.

Edited by Gunnar81
No a general bug, only related to TEW Campaign