Are there rules for Missons uploaded into "user files"?

Dscross

Hey, quick question, 

I have begun to upload some of the missions, training and squadron missions, onto the user files section of DCS. The first mission was an Air Policing Mission to intercept and shootdown a hijacked airliner. The mission went active in just an hour or some, maybe a little more. No problems. 

The second mission I uploaded was submitted about 30-36 hours ago and is still listed as pending. It is a little training mission in the AH64 where the player takes on three waves of suicide bomber trucks headed towards the base. Given the topic, and who knows, just want to see if my mission isn't being released because it violates some rule I'm not aware of or something? 

Anyway, some of the guys in my squadron are convinced that ED is going to ban that mission / remove it. ( because I put suicide bombers in the mission and the description.) I don't because after all, this is a combat simulator, and VBIED's have been sort of a thing for awhile around the world. Furthermore, anyone who owns the Nevada map and the MiG-21 can  drop an atomic bomb on las Vegas or Area 51... So I mean, it's a game/ sim, and all that?

Anyway, just want to make sure. If the mission it's being approved because the moderators are just overworked or something, cool, I get it. Anway, someone can let me know that'd be very helpful, thanks. 

stop the bomber 5.png

stop the bomber 2.jpeg

stop the bomber 4.png

9 minutes ago, Dscross said:

just want to see if my mission isn't being released because it violates some rule I'm not aware of or something? 

I highly doubt that ED is devoting resurces for testing user submitted missions, mods, etc. The only way that ED might consider retiring your file, is if someone complains about it, like happened a couple of years back when someone complained that some user mods infringed on their copyright.

The approval time depends only on how overworked the fella that checks the file description is ... be patient, it will appear.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

9 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I highly doubt that ED is devoting resurces for testing user submitted missions, mods, etc. The only way that ED might consider retiring your file, is if someone complains about it, like happened a couple of years back when someone complained that some user mods infringed on their copyright.

The approval time depends only on how overworked the fella that checks the file description is ... be patient, it will appear.

Thanks, that is what I assumed, but someone of the guys in the squadron were sure that Ed wouldn't allow a mission with bombers in it. Anyway, thanks for letting me know. I know with the Ah64 released, the F1 in testing, the south Atlantic map, fielding complaints about how long the F15E is taking, the new FLIR... the staff must be pretty busy. That being said, if there was a rule or something, I did want to know so I can stay inbounds with my missions and such. 

Thanks again for your reply

I noticed this change in the user file upload section. I can not speak for the reason for the delays that happen it is all random. It may go back to normal if the workload has changed. One thing is for sure it is not a big priority I kind of understand that if you think about it. You just never know nothing is working normal anywhere in our world anymore. I just wait for my things to get posted. It may take awhile but it will show up.