Is Hornet complete yet?

hawa0835

Problem with all modules Ind DCS is, that the players don't have access to transparent list of BUGs (to solve and already fixed), updated list missing features and W.I.P. thing's. With the Hornet, I think that 99.9% of customers who payed their money for these products, they don't know what state of product now they flying and what will some sunny day the product look like. Without these updated lists, players are by no chance able to keep track of the state of the modules. This very frequently results in huge frustrations, when they found missing or not working things by flying their lovely MP or SP missions and campaigns.

I recommend, that if you have important mission planed, try to fly it day/hour before just to check if everything is OK. Yeah, that's an idiotic advice and you also need to make sure that you will not make DCS Update in mean time 🙂

Edited by GumidekCZ
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, GumidekCZ said:

Problem with all modules Ind DCS is, that the players don't have access to transparent list of BUGs (to solve and already fixed), updated list missing features and W.I.P. thing's. With the Hornet, I think that 99.9% of customers who payed their money for these products, they don't know what state of product now they flying and what will some sunny day the product look like. Without these updated lists, players are by no chance able to keep track of the state of the modules. This very frequently results in huge frustrations, when they found missing or not working things by flying their lovely MP or SP missions and campaigns.

I recommend, that if you have important mission planed, try to fly it day/hour before just to check if everything is OK. Yeah, that's an idiotic advice and you also need to make sure that you will not make DCS Update in mean time 🙂

A public bug tracker would do wonders for ED & the Community both since the community provides so much testing & bug reporting for ED.

• Like 5

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

38 minutes ago, MARLAN_ said:

A public bug tracker would do wonders for ED & the Community both since the community provides so much testing & bug reporting for ED.

ED has a Bug Tracker, on your respective forum sections. A Public Bug tracker dont help.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

5 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

ED has a Bug Tracker, on your respective forum sectins. A Public Bug tracker dont help.

Depends on who it's supposed to help. As I player, it can be difficult to track what is reported or not. If I encounter an issue,
where do I even start finding out if it is a known bug? Ask around? Spend hours digging through the forums?

If a new player purchase a module, how does he even know the current status and what is working or not? 

We are giving a lot of our precious time to ED by testing and reporting. So in my mind, a clear and concise list is not unreasonable to ask for?
Or we can just move along as usual. But there's better way to go about reporting and lessen frustrations both for ED and it's playerbase.     

• Like 8

hace 1 hora, GumidekCZ dijo:

I support your comment. Currently I am forced to test the effectiveness of different weapons on certain targets before launching a mission, but this destroys the experience of the creator of the missions, who after each test, knows the exact point and moment in which the threats will appear, breaking the uncertainty.

It is the case of my last mission, where GBU-12 was not able to stop a convoy with T-90 in movement.

After more than ten tests, we opted to replace the GBU-12 with AGM-65F, but the mission was already burned for the creator.

• ED Team

Are we just plucking figures out of thin air now? 

When we are ready to take the hornet out of early access we will let you all know. Until then we continue to work on our features list from the store page and from Wags posts. 

I get it, some of your are passionate about the hornet and have different ideas of what can be publicly modelled and what can not be, we will not break any ITAR rules when it comes to our F/A-18C.

thank you

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, GumidekCZ said:

There have already been some answers here.

"Such a bug tracker would make too much work that could be missing in other places."

I am willing to bet the DCS dev team is actually quite small and, further, that noone is really assigned full time or as a priority for the Hornet.  It has been 4 YEARS of EA now.  The simple fact is the Hornet no longer generates much if any revenue andso is most likely on the back burner as somthing to finish "some day", much akin to me reflooring my bathroom.

• Like 4

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

27 minutes ago, Steel Jaw said:

I am willing to bet the DCS dev team is actually quite small and, further, that noone is really assigned full time or as a priority for the Hornet.  It has been 4 YEARS of EA now.  The simple fact is the Hornet no longer generates much if any revenue andso is most likely on the back burner as somthing to finish "some day", much akin to me reflooring my bathroom.

Why should the sale of F18 and other modules ever stop, there is every year a new generation of players who discover the Sim flying  for themselves... and you get in forums or Dircords very many newcomers with the F18 freshly purchased

The P51 was until a few years ago still the most sold module

• Like 1

Hawa0835,

Not sure about the motivation behind your post, whether or not you own the Hornet module or not, are thinking about purchasing, passive-aggressively demanding more features, etc.? But I'll just say this: Regardless of bugs, incomplete or nonexistent features, etc... ED's DCS Hornet is an absolute masterpiece in its current, early access, incomplete, and pretty buggy condition and is worth every penny of it's $60-$80 price tag. 👍

The challenge that ED has placed before themselves is this: to not abandon one SUPER complex, Early Access module, while they keep churning out more of them to stay financially viable as a business. Let this sink in for a second: F-18, F-16, AH-64D, A-10, etc. etc. etc.

Each of those aircraft warrant their own simulation-product entirely, yet ED is creating/supporting all of the above and more. They have bit off WAAAAYYYYY more than they can chew... but the benefit I get, while they chew, is the most high-fidelity, amazing looking simulation of a 4th Gen fighter ever developed. 

Here's to keeping up the impossible work on the Hornet and Company. :thumbup:

Edited by wilbur81
  • Like 8

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

"Changed the Electronic Countermeasures, ECM, such that when in XMIT it will use radar in priority rather than jammer in priority. This will allow the radar to operate with ECM transmitting, but at a lower radar detection capability. "

Oh, excellent.  The jammer will actually be useful now.

• Like 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

About today Hornet Mini-Updates

Wags, thank you very much, I'm happy to finally read about these improvements. I understand that certain improvements, bug fixes etc take time, and often we would like more attention to be paid to the preferred module, but this is not realistic. I really appreciate the continuous work of the ED on all modules. I also understand that there are features that take much longer than expected, such as FM (i.e. Update flight model for ground effect, takeoff pitch effects, auto-pilot based on FPM, touch and go handling, and other remaining flight model issues, still today WIP despite being in first place among the preferences in the 2020 survey). However, I was a little disappointed that more importance is given to the development of certain weapons and related dedicated systems rather than improvement of FM (i.e., FA-18's unusual reaction to the flaps extension), considering that to use those weapons and systems we have to fly the FA-18. But, I'll wait ... and thanks again for your hard work.

antonio.

• Like 1

Also want to join "big thank you" for an planned update. Also I hope, that fixing of RWR issue with picking Lock(SPIKE) from AI engaging other off-azimuth target and also adding the correct fuzes to CBU Mk20 and CBU-99 will tak place in future.

2 hours ago, GumidekCZ said:

Also I hope, that fixing of RWR issue with picking Lock(SPIKE) from AI engaging other off-azimuth target…

Don’t hold your breath for this one. Apparently it’s a .Net issue and would basically require a rebuild of the entire multiplayer code base, or something along these lines anyway.

One side question - do in real world hornet pilots use ACLS? I`ve heard that they re using manual landing, and ACLS only in emergency situations. Is that correct?
AFAIK, the most common scenario is that they use ACLS for the symbology, but still fly manually.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro