Su-17 M4 as new Soviet module?

Logan54

Hey ED and all who read this) I very like Soviet jets as MiG-21, MiG-19 but I think we need some new stuff in this way, also with Fantom coming I hope we can have 1 more Soviet stuff. On the other hand we need it because it's a legend, its the 1st Soviet jet with variable sweep wing, and it was used in many post soviet countries, also fought in Afganistan. At the end it has a wide range of weapons and looks perfect)

a2152ddf753c303c96fe193844301b9e.jpg

Edited by Logan54
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Logan54 said:

Hey ED and all who read this) I very like Soviet jets as MiG-21, MiG-19 but I think we need some new stuff in this way, also with Fantom coming I hope we can have 1 more Soviet stuff. On the other hand we need it because it's a legend, its the 1st Soviet jet with variable sweep wing, and it was used in many post soviet countries, also fought in Afganistan. At the end it has a wide range of weapons and looks perfect)

a2152ddf753c303c96fe193844301b9e.jpg

The Su-17m4 was already teased by Magnitude 3/Leatherneck Studios and might come very soon.

https://stormbirds.blog/2022/01/01/magnitude-3-teases-new-dcs-aircraft/

Why I think its a Su-17m4 ? This is why

Screenshot_2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My skins

18.04.2022 в 02:56, Mike Force Team сказал:

Sign me up for the SU-17.  Looks similar to the Mig-21.  Looks like a great jet to use in all our current maps as well as future maps.  

MFT

Su-17 much bigger and I suggest more stable, but not so fast) Its prior on using bombs, I read it also can drop bombs with cabrioning. Anyway it must be lamp, as all Soviet modules😇

5 hours ago, Logan54 said:

Su-17 much bigger and I suggest more stable, but not so fast)

When it comes to speed it's more complicated. Su-17, Su-17M, Su-17M2, Su-17M3 were as fast as MiG-21, Mach 2 class aircrafts. Since they were planned to be used as interceptors in some extraordinary conditions, as secondary function - USSR loved multifunctional equipement even if it was barely possible in practice.

Only the last Su-17M4 variant produced since 1980 received new unregulated air intake limiting it's speed to Mach 1,75 since it was more than enough for low/medium altitude air to ground operations and it made the aircraft less complicated.

This would be an incredible module. It's fast so low level would be fun. It's not totally unmouverable, so it would would have the option to flight or fight if it encountered a fighter in close. It carried an absolute massive amount of ordinance. According to Wikipedia it can carry anti radiation missiles, so SEAD baby. It would fit right in with the F-14, the Mig-21, the Mi-24, the coming F-4, and the coming A-7. Plus littaraly all the 2000s+ aircraft we have. It would give the Cold War red air we have a proper strike capabilitie. And if we ever got a Mig 23 it would give us quite a good late cold War Red airforce. God I hope Magnitude 3 doesn't have the license to do this. It really needs to actually get included in DCS. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...