CPG George targeting/firing at anything we order him to (ie buildings, bridges)

itarrow

As far as I have understood, today it’s impossible to fly just as a pilot and use George CPG to target/fire to stationary objects like bridges and buildings.

For the sake of immersion and playability as a single operator (ie the pilot) of the Apache, in SP or in MP, I think it makes sense to have the possibility to play any kind of mission just in one of the 2 roles the Apache allows to.

Having George targeting not just enemy units, but also bridges and buildings, would allow this to happen.

As far as I have understood, today it’s impossible to fly just as a pilot and use George CPG to target/fire to stationary objects like bridges and buildings.
For the sake of immersion and playability as a single operator (ie the pilot) of the Apache, in SP or in MP, I think it makes sense to have the possibility to play any kind of mission just in one of the 2 roles the Apache allows to.
Having George targeting not just enemy units, but also bridges and buildings, would allow this to happen.
It would be nice, but I wonder how could that be implemented in a useful way.

I imagine the current system where the list of possible target is always cluttered with hundred of buildings and other static objects near the place you are looking, and then I think the system would be a pain in the ass to use. In the end 99% of time you are trying to locate active units instead of building in DCS.

Maybe enabling a totally different button for George when you want to look for static objects would be a good path.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Agreed that probably “George wheel” should be a bit expanded to allow for this.

A good reference in DCS itself is Jester wheel in the Heatblur F14 module, which allows for complex operations with an AI RIO.

I hope anyway that when the Apache will be released, players will be able to play any mission without the need to jump back and forth between Pilot and CPG.

• Like 2