Request - MBU-20 oxygen mask

VPS_SPIT

Hi,

I know it has probably been requested before but I think the situation has changed a bit since the release of the A-10CII...

As you know, most Hornet operators worldwide, icluding the US, have now issued the MBU-20 as the standard oxygen mask. Some, like Switzerland, have always used it (since 1997 for this particular case).

Thus I believe it would please a lot of people in the community if we could have the option to change to MBU-20 mask, via an argument in the description.lua of a particular livery (like for the different helmets).

I saw that the new A-10CII model, which uses the same pilot and helmet 3d model, has this particular mask (see screenshot below). Therefore it should be a quick and easy addition to the Hornet. A way to put a smile on a lot of simmer's faces with a very reasonnable workload 😀

Current helmet/mask combo

a7R0zFO.png

MBU-20 on the A-10 3d model (pilot model same as the F/A-18's one)

LeNp0Tb.png

Wanted combo, HGU-55P or JHMCS with MBU-20 mask (image : Swiss Air Force)

lz1kOHj.jpg

I thank you very much in advance for reading this and I can't wait to see if it gets implemented ! 😉

Yours sincerely,

Sylvain (VPS_Spit)

Edited by VPS_SPIT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • ED Team

Hi, 

We are already working on a new pilot model, you will see it in a futue update. 

thanks

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2