Is Random Waypoint follow possible

Toni Carrera

Hi All, 

I am trying to create a random chase through downtown Vegas to improve my AH-64D piloting skills

Is there anyway in which to create a number of waypoints, and have an AI Heli bounce from WP to WP in a random order?

Any possible thoughts on this?

Toni 

Edited by Toni Carrera

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

• Toni Carrera changed the title to Is Random Waypoint follow possible
  • 1 month later...

@skypickle @Frederf I was afraid to ask myself for fear of looking like a complete idiot. Not saying that you have taken that step in to looking like an idiot, it was just how I felt at the time, and still do to be honest

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

I have tried using advanced waypoint conditions to control AI flying but failed. For example, I want a chopper to go to waypoint 2 and orbit if I select an orbit command from the F10 menu.

My code consists of a 'Mission Start' trigger that adds a radio item 'orbit chopper' with a flag #10 set to 1. It also sets a flag#11 to 0

The waypoint has an advanced directive 'orbit' with the condition flag #10 =1 and and escape condition of flag#11=1

My code also includes a 'Mission Start' trigger that adds a radio item 'resume track' with a flag #11 set to 1 . IT also sets flag#10 to 0.

The choppers ignore my commands.

This is very similar to using waypoint triggers in other scenarios. I'd like to try an example that works.

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal