Quick SC Questions

bonesvf103

-Wasn't there a keystroke that cycles the view between each deck person, not just each catapult?

-Also, in Case II departure, I understand from the manual that we stay at 500 AGL up to 7 nm, then turn to intercept the 10 mi arc, then only when we hit the departure radial, start climbing out on the radial.  But the manual shows in the figure on page 42 "climb and intercept 10 nm arc" at the 7 miles point.  So which is it?

Now this question has more to do with carrier ops in general not just the SC module, but I'll ask it here anyway:

In the PDF "Aircraft Carrier Operating Procedures for DCS v01" they say that for Case II the 500 ft AGL restriction AND the arc is lifted at 7 nm if you are VMC or can pick your way through holes in the clouds.  It says the same for Case III for just the arc (since you have to climb from the get go on Case III departure anyway).  So my question is, if you are VMC, what is the point of a Case II or III departure then?  Wouldn't you just be Case I anyway (except at night which is always Case III)?

Thanks.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Don't know about the first question.

Re: intercepting a departure radial, when you do a standard rate turn you will start your turn early to intercept the desired DME arc.  Starting your turn at 7 to intercept a 10 mile arc is a very reasonable entering argument.

For Case II, that's a hybrid where you have visibility down low, but you're not completely VMC around the boat.  It could be cases like broken or scattered clouds where you can see up high through certain pockets, but not enough blanket visibility to have total VMC allowing for Case I.

Edited by Home Fries

Well my 2nd question was more about the altitude than the arc.  The text says at 7 nm going into the 10 nm arc to be at 500 ft until you reach departure radial on the arc, then climb out.  But the graphic diagram shows "climb and intercept" at 7nm, not to stay at 500 ft.  SO which is it?  Stay at 500 until reaching departure radial on the arc, or continue climbing after 7 nm to the 10 nm arc then depart on departure radial?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

If you're intrested in proper case procdures I can only sugest to ignore SC manual, because it's wrong in many places. Download PDF called Aircraft Carrier Operating Procedures for DCS v01.8 - you'll find there detailed description of CVN procedures and Cases.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 5:46 AM, Foka said:

If you're intrested in proper case procdures I can only sugest to ignore SC manual, because it's wrong in many places. Download PDF called Aircraft Carrier Operating Procedures for DCS v01.8 - you'll find there detailed description of CVN procedures and Cases.

That's exactly the reference I was referring to in my question for Case II/Case III departures.

However I see that the one you listed is V1.8, I have 1.0.  So maybe I need to find 1.8

v6,

boNes

• Like 1

Actually, I just checekd and I do have that one.  Mine has a last revision of April 7, 2020.  Is there a newer one?  If not, then my question still stands because the diagram I was referring to was in that April 7, 2020 revision.

v6,

boNes

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 5:00 PM, bonesvf103 said:

-Also, in Case II departure, I understand from the manual that we stay at 500 AGL up to 7 nm, then turn to intercept the 10 mi arc, then only when we hit the departure radial, start climbing out on the radial.  But the manual shows in the figure on page 42 "climb and intercept 10 nm arc" at the 7 miles point.  So which is it?

If condition alow you (staying in VMC) you can start climb at 7 nm. But if climbing in that moment would put you into IMC you can't climb, you have to arc and start climb on outbound radial.

On 4/16/2022 at 5:00 PM, bonesvf103 said:

what is the point of a Case II or III departure then?  Wouldn't you just be Case I anyway (except at night which is always Case III)?

image.png

On 4/27/2022 at 12:46 PM, Foka said:

Can only find it on Scribd. Does anyone have a better link? 

Cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...

One question:

After making an automated landing, I see "TILT" on the HUD. What does it mean and how to get rid of it ?

btw. why getting a C when landed Hands Off ?

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

On 5/9/2022 at 10:34 PM, ex81 said:

One question:

After making an automated landing, I see "TILT" on the HUD. What does it mean and how to get rid of it ?

btw. why getting a C when landed Hands Off ?

Hello, you just need to reset the system