Setting an SPI

EricJ
Go to solution Solved by Yurgon,

This is specifically for the CII, but Im fairly sure it would work in the C for the most part...obviously not the helmet designations per se...I just use this as a kneeboard for quick references.

A10_HOTAS_updated.png

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

Yes, the A-10 is only for people who can multitask 😜

At 80 years old I seem to have lost a bit of memory. Ok, I lost almost all of it.

Not sure I gained much by going to the Hornet. I do ok with the Hog but I need a lot of notes. 🙂

• Like 1

Buzz

3 hours ago, BuzzU said:

Reading this thread reminds me why I fly the Hornet.

Personally, I find the whole target point concept in the Hornet fairly opaque and have never fully grasped it. I'm probably 90% there, but sometimes I just don't know what it's doing, or why.

On the other hand, once I wrapped my head around it in the A-10C, I like the SOI and SPI concept a lot. As someone who sometimes has to deal with interface design, I just think the current SPI Generator (or SPI source, or whatever one wants to call it) should maybe get displayed a little more prominently.

2 hours ago, BuzzU said:

At 80 years old I seem to have lost a bit of memory. Ok, I lost almost all of it.

Well if I'm still flying DCS at 80 years old, I'll be a very happy person. :drinks_cheers:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BuzzU said:

Do you like the A-10C or A-10C II?

I definitely prefer the new A-10C II module. The HMCS is as close to a game changer as it gets. The added situational awareness is just awesome.

But I love the old A-10C module as well, it's still a very capable aircraft and I feel right at home in it.

Not that the Hornet isn't a great module; it is! It's just that the human-machine-interface in the Hornet feels so outdated, at least to me. When I read that the people who upgraded the A-10 from the Alpha model to the Charlie went to all kinds of fighter communities and asked what was great about their aircraft, and what wasn't, it all really began to make a lot of sense. I'm sure that interface can still be improved, and by a lot, but from all the aircraft I've flown in DCS, the A-10C just has the best interface, in my humble opinion. But I also spent by far the most time in it, so it's not like this is an objective comparison. 😉

• Like 1