AI traffic CFIT (mission file provided)

Eagle7907

I created a training mission to practice using a FAC for CAS missions. Mainly it’s purpose is to practice creating waypoints and MGRS coordinates for attacks. However, I couldn’t just stop with that. So I added AI flights as well to increase the immersion of the mission and possibly found a bug. I added a B-1B to takeoff out of Nellis, fly up NE then W to the North War area, turn around and back track the same route to Nellis. The length and speed of its flight is almost perfectly timed with me, the player, finishing essential training and landing at Nellis as well. The thing is when I finish, the B-1 gets to Nellis first just by a minute or two and I witness this crew CFIT into the hillside after entering an orbit for the ATC pattern (more like a Marshall pattern, which isn’t correct but…..you know). I haven’t seen this happen with any fighter aircraft, which makes me wonder if bombers haven’t been checked to make sure the coding for them to fly for the pattern hold? (Marshall?) etc…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• 3 weeks later...
Can you supply a track or the mission? Thanks.

I can in 24 hours. I’m on a trip right now.

• Thanks 1

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

On 5/5/2022 at 11:20 PM, NineLine said:

Sounds good, safe travels.

Sorry about the wait.  Here's a copy of the mission.  The B-1B is the culprit of my complaint.  No idea why they want to see what the ground feels like.

KABOOM.miz

• Eagle7907 changed the title to AI traffic CFIT (mission file provided)
  • 4 weeks later...

Your mission triggers dozens of MIST error popups at startup. I didn't have the courage to keep clicking "OK".

Could you please record a short track without all the MIST scripting?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Your mission triggers dozens of MIST error popups at startup. I didn't have the courage to keep clicking "OK".

Sure! It will be a while. I’m on another trip again, but I’ll send it over ASAP.

• Thanks 1

Sorry about the wait.  Getting family stuff done after a trip is daunting at times.  Here's the same mission without the MIST script.

KABOOMwoMIST.miz

Note: I just noticed you asked for a track file.  That can be a problem, because the AI doesn't collide with the ground until just before it is supposed to land at Nellis.  Which would mean the file has to be the full length of the mission to see them CFIT into the mountain side.  It would be best just to run the mission and watch it in real time since the track files still tend to not follow what occurs after longer periods of time.

BTW, I just tried this mission again without MIST
Scripting. B-1 still finds the mountain side. No idea why.
Edited by Eagle7907

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm sorry it took me so long to review your mission. I see what you saw: the B-1 starts a 360° to the right, then hit mountains.

I'll report this. Thanks for the heads up. 👍

Here's a short track.

B1 crash.trk

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 month later...