Image stabilization question

Spurts
Go to solution Solved by dextor,

8 hours ago, Spurts said:

Is the auto image stabilization not working?  I try flicking the switch to "lock" the TADS on a target to help compensate for pilot input wiggle but it seems to have no effect.

You mean LMC? Yes it works, but you must have no inputs from your slew when you do it or it will just keep going

9 hours ago, admiki said:

You mean LMC? Yes it works, but you must have no inputs from your slew when you do it or it will just keep going

no not LMC, IAT.

from the manual,

Image Auto Track/Offset. Initiates and controls image auto tracking and offset tracking.

• IAT (forward), short. Enables image-auto track and establishes the object under the cursor as the primary track.

• IAT (forward), long. Activates manual sizing of the tracking gates.

• OFS (aft). When offset tracking, returns TADS LOS to the primary track.

17 hours ago, Spurts said:

Is the auto image stabilization not working?  I try flicking the switch to "lock" the TADS on a target to help compensate for pilot input wiggle but it seems to have no effect.

It's not yet implemented. It will come later during Early Access.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

17 hours ago, Spurts said:

no not LMC, IAT.

from the manual,

Image Auto Track/Offset. Initiates and controls image auto tracking and offset tracking.

• IAT (forward), short. Enables image-auto track and establishes the object under the cursor as the primary track.

• IAT (forward), long. Activates manual sizing of the tracking gates.

• OFS (aft). When offset tracking, returns TADS LOS to the primary track.

Like already said, not implemented yet

If you want you can turn LMC on and not slew it and it becomes ground stabilized. I usually let the reticle drift over the target and then enable it. Works well for static targets and allows the pilot to maneuver.

I'm not sure if LMC is supposed to work this way in real life but in DCS it does.

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2022 at 2:51 PM, NeMoGas said:

If you want you can turn LMC on and not slew it and it becomes ground stabilized. I usually let the reticle drift over the target and then enable it. Works well for static targets and allows the pilot to maneuver.

I'm not sure if LMC is supposed to work this way in real life but in DCS it does.

Tried this for the first time today and it worked great!  My pilot had to avoid an incoming missile and it didn't trash the in-flight Hellfire shot.