SSS Mode

SteveK

When I press the SSS mode buttons, the symbology in the IHADSS doesn't seem to change. I'm trying the Takeoff training mission, and when it says to hit the SSS button to change into Hover mode nothing seems to change. Thanks-

4 minutes ago, SteveK said:

When I press the SSS mode buttons, the symbology in the IHADSS doesn't seem to change. I'm trying the Takeoff training mission, and when it says to hit the SSS button to change into Hover mode nothing seems to change. Thanks-

Hi, no any issue here. Do you start as cold and dark or hot? Remember also, that this buttons must be bind twice for Pilot and CPG in the settings.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

55 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Notice SSS is a 3-way switch. Do you press it in, or push it up or down?
To go to hover mode you need to push it down, other modes are up. Pressing it in however, does not change IHADSS-symbology, but brings up the flight MPD page.

Edited by arneh

Hmm, I have assigned the Sight select switch action to a 4-way button on my joystick, Up, Down, Left and Right. The training mission says to press SSS Up  to go to transition mode. I tried pressing up 1X and 2X, nothing changes with the symbology. 

7 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Hmm, I have assigned the Sight select switch action to a 4-way button on my joystick, Up, Down, Left and Right. The training mission says to press SSS Up  to go to transition mode. I tried pressing up 1X and 2X, nothing changes with the symbology. 

Ah, so Sight Select Switch wont change the IHADSS symbology. Sight Select is used to select the Sight, ie HMD, TADS, FCR, LINK. What you are looking for is the Symbology Select Switch. Which is used to change the IHADSS symbology.

Edited by Swift.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

There seems to be some terminology shenanigans in this thread 😅

Symbology Select

image.png

Changes the symbology displayed in the IHADSS.

UP UP - Cruise mode

UP - Transition mode

DOWN - Hover mode

DOWN DOWN - Bob-up mode

Not to confuse with the

Sight Select Switch

Screenshot_20220418-203938_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

4-way switch that selects the active sight (which will be indicated in the IHADSS)

FWD - HMD

Aft - Link (not implemented yet)

Left - FCR (not implemented yet)

Right - TADS

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

So, in a bit more simple terms, repeated presses of Simbology Select Switch

UP - toggles between Cruise and Transition symbology (on IHADSS)

DOWN - toggles between Hover and Bob up (on IHADSS)

DEPRESS - toggles FLT page On and Off (on LMPD)

Correct?

15 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

So, in a bit more simple terms, repeated presses of Simbology Select Switch

UP - toggles between Cruise and Transition symbology (on IHADSS)

DOWN - toggles between Hover and Bob up (on IHADSS)

DEPRESS - toggles FLT page On and Off (on LMPD)

Correct?

Yes