Apache is a real beast.

oscar19681

So i got the Apache from day one, and it’s only now that i can say I’m beginning to master the Apache. But boy she was not a easy beast to tame, maybe it’s because the 64 is my first helicopter module in DCS, and Janes longbow didn’t bring any useful skills, but In the beginning I was really struggling to control her as I had my hand full in not crashing her (which happened more then id like to admit) and to me when playing the 64 in VR it feels almost as if your really taming a wild horse over time, something I wonder about if real life Apache pilots share the sensation of “taming” this machine. But when sufficiently tamed she is a formidable, if not THE most formidable killing machine ever built. To bad the Apache is not well optimized Enough yet that it sometimes causes DCS to turn into a slideshow. Never had that with all the other modules even in early acces. But she works like clockwork on Track IR until VR is more optimized to the point it is on the same level as the other modules such as the F/A-18, F-16 and F-14. But the Apache, she turned out to be a real beast, a beast of war…..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Oscar,

Regarding the VR slideshow you were talking about... have you tried the suggestion below? I have an HP Reverb G2 and it works wonders, I run the DCS in VR preset (from the options menu) and it is smooth!

Isaac

8 hours ago, Isaac said:

Hi Oscar,

Regarding the VR slideshow you were talking about... have you tried the suggestion below? I have an HP Reverb G2 and it works wonders, I run the DCS in VR preset (from the options menu) and it is smooth!

Isaac

I will give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just wanted to say that this module is testing my ability to think and retain information.  Just when i think i won't be able to hover then I do it. Now I am doing it well. Just when i think I won't be able to land then I do it and now im competent at it.  The computer systems are complicated, but I am muddling my way through all the systems. Now i am concentrating on the AI and TADS.  Fantastic work on this module ED - I am struggling at times, but I sure do love and having extreme fun with the challenge!  You can't just hop and go on this one.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 3:25 AM, oscar19681 said:

Janes longbow

Been a while since I looked at DCS at all, but read rumors somewhere on some random browsing about the Apache module becoming available. If Jane's Longbow did not bring any skills, DI's 1986 Tomahawk on the Spectrum (the first simulator I ever played) will bring even less! I am going to have to rekindle my interest in DCS just to try this one out for old time's / nostalgia's sake.

Thanks for the motivating impressions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 7:15 PM, Belphe said:

In regards to your lower FPS in VR, how often have you flown the Tomcat, Viper or Hornet 7ft above the ground? 😉

All three plenty of times and the FPS is as sweet as can be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]