Broken AI

Hi, Bignewey sked me to post this. I can't get ANY AI aircraft to work properly. They all just immediately land after reaching any given set of waypoints. Tried with various types of aircraft and they all do the same. Likewise I can't set up bombing formations as they fo the same. They also won't do formation properly. It doesn't matter what pattern I tell them to do they just get strung out in a line miles and miles apart. I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work and nothing does. I atach a simple tanker mission. Very basic information. I set this up alongside a friend of mine as we shared screens and copied over everything exaclty. His worked and the tanker went to waypoint 1 and flew in a nice orbit round and round. Mine gets to waypoint 1 and surprise surprise heads off to land again.

I had this same problem and was ultimately forced to run four separate bombers, not grouped together, on the same route, to the same destination, and to the same target. In this way I made sure that in a single pass they devastated the entire area. I hope my template will help you edit a mission that finally reaches its goal. open it and study it.

This does not mean that there is no error. Certainly artificial intelligence does some pretty strange things.

Cyprus Defense.miz

2 hours ago, Templar560 said:

Yeah see below miz. I think this one will show some F14's behaving strangely

There are some problems with the way you build up waypoints and tasks.

The waypoints are really too close (0-1-2) considering the speed of aircraft. For example first AI immediately switch to wpt 2 because 1 is already reached from their point of view. Not a big issue as I moved wpt 2 away so they don't also immediately reach wpt 2 (last wpt for 2 out of 3 AI) and RTB.

Then you set triggered actions (2 follow 1, 3 follow 2, 1 and 2 shoot forbidden) but you don't trigger them. I put a trigger (condition time>1 sec) to activate the 2 follow tasks. I don't activate "shoot forbidden" because it makes AI with "interception" main task to RTB (this may be a bug).

As I can only guess what you want to achieve (3 follows 2 that follows 1, until last wpt 2 is reached, then they all RTB ?), I think it is now working ?

14april vid-mod.miz