CPG VR view is off center to the L side

Hotdognz

Anyone else noticed that the CPG seat view in VR is centered to the L side and you are not sitting in the seat centered, I have also moved the view to center it and hit cockpit save angle which works but doesn't save the view for next time and I have to repeat the changes. I have added a picture of what I see in VR showing it off to the L Side.

Is there any chance of getting the VR CPG view corrected to the center of the seat.

Screen_220417_164211.png
Cheers

Edited by Hotdognz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Hotdognz said:

Anyone else noticed that the CPG seat view in VR is centered to the L side and you are not sitting in the seat centered, I have also moved the view to center it and hit cockpit save angle which works but doesn't save the view for next time and I have to repeat the changes. I have added a picture of what I see in VR showing it off to the L Side.

Is there any chance of getting the VR CPG view corrected to the center of the seat.

Screen_220417_164211.png
Cheers

No, works ok for me and its present on the center from CPG station. Did you use any lua mod for Ah-64? You can use also repair function of whole DCS and check it again.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Same here.. CPG is not centered in his seat, but centered on the TADS display (which is slightly left of the seat centerline). In other threads more VR users reported this.. So we're definitely not alone on this one.

Really surprising that @BIGNEWY(who also uses VR) is positioned in the center of the CPG seat, while many of us with the same VR headset are positioned in the center of the TADS.

Just to be sure, @BIGNEWY;

When you enter the CPG seat, are you centered on the TADS, or centered in your seat? (there is an offset between the seat and the TADS display, so you can't be centered with both simultaneously)

I kinda learned to live with what we have now, although IHADSS alignment in the CPG seat is just impossible in VR ☹️

(at least for me)

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 4/18/2022 at 11:06 PM, BIGNEWY said:

are you using a snap views? 

No HP G2 VR the default position is off center to the LH side, you can of course alter it with the Cockpit Camera keys and then used Save camera angles but it needs to be done ever time you enter the bird.

On 4/18/2022 at 8:56 PM, YoYo said:

No, works ok for me and its present on the center from CPG station. Did you use any lua mod for Ah-64? You can use also repair function of whole DCS and check it again.

The VR view is centered on the TEDAC which is left of the center of the seat and does not site in the center of the Apache, the default VR is worng and needs moving, I use VR so I can move my head and im happy to move l to look at the TEDAC.

@BIGNEWYwhen you are in your G2 sitting in the seat are you centered on the TEDAC screen, if you look down you will see you are not centered in the seat, I bet your L bum check is sitting on the LH side raised part :), id be surprised if its not. I believe that ED have centered our VR view on the TEDAC.

I can also confirm the default none VR view is centered on the TEDAC and off to the LS of the center of the cockpit, I can see why in 2D though as you cant move your head around as much unless you have Track IR, 2D players how ever have the ability to adjust the view and save it,

• Like 1

I believe its been done by design for the Apache, the views are centered on the TEDAC which is the main focus of the front seat, I see the post is now flagged as investigating, I hope they can re adjust it to the center of the seat for VR and I can truly use VR as intended 🙂 

The other solution is to allow the Cockpit Save Angles binding to hard bind the view to where you set it in a .lua so its always there until changed if you need too, current the saved position resets to what we have now once you exit the plane or helicopter.

• ED Team

It may be intentional but I have made a report to ask the team about the view. 

thanks

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The hotfix before last messed up the default seating position for both the Apache and the Tomcat for me.
I have no experience with the CPG seat, but the view in the pilot seat is too much to the right in VR - at least on my end.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• ED Team

Pilot position is correct for me. 

The CP/G position has the view centered on the TEDAC and not the seat. The team are considering what to do currently, as it is intended it seems but understand some would prefer it centered on the seat instead.

• Like 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, ApacheLongbow said:

For the sake of the so called "ultra-realism", I'd rather have it centered on the seat, at least for VR users, that would make more sense tbh.

For pancake players, I can see a possible usefulness of having it centered in the TEDAC, but not for VR, no. That's my opinion.

I think that's a fair assessment, because you can always lean over just like how it is in real life since VR means you have 6DOF ability to do so, whereas in 2D not everyone does.  And those like me that use TrackIR on a 2D monitor can set an offset viewpoint to one or the other, depending on where I want it to be centered.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

@BIGNEWY: knowing you use VR as well, are you able to boresight the IHADSS when in the CPG seat?

With the default CPG VR head position currently not being centered in the seat, I expect it to be impossible for all VR users to execute the IHADSS boresight procedure right now, without needing to move your body/head to an unnatural position. 

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, sirrah said:

knowing you use VR as well, are you able to boresight the IHADSS when in the CPG seat?

Ive not had any problem boresighting 

21 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hmm.. That really surprises and slightly concerns me. If not all VR users experience the same trouble and it works fine on the dev's side, chances on improvement (for me 😉) are slim.

But thanks for your response

System specs:

19 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I've noticed the lefthand offset in the CPG seat. It hasn't caused me issues. I too have no issues boresighting in either seat. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

• 1 month later...

so yeah, there is an issue with the vr position of cpg when in VR with the G2. Indeed not in the center of the seat and the tilt of the vr position is also not in line with the TADS. It takes roughly 5-10 minutes every time i fly to change the cockpit camera angles and the the tilt angle. When done i am able to properly boresight and accurately aim with the TADS. 

I strongly hope that ED will acknowledge the issue and comes up with a solution.

I don't have a track unfortunately, but I was running through run-up and boresight procedures yesterday.  When I did an IHADSS boresight in the back seat, took off and test fired the 30mm, rounds were pretty accurate.  When I did the same thing from the front seat (both separate cold starts), I felt like I had to lean way right, and scrunch down in the seat to get the concentric circles to center with my LOS cue.  Afterwards I took off and did a test fire with the 30mm, and the rounds were impacting about center, but off about three LOS cross lengths above the LOS cue.  Suspect this might be related.  I'll keep testing when I can.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

On 6/2/2022 at 1:50 PM, heloguy said:

I felt like I had to lean way right, and scrunch down in the seat to get the concentric circles to center with my LOS cue.

Yep, you do. I think there is some misunderstanding that the boresight should be at the neutral head position. It's just an arbitrary point in space where all the circles line up.

The fact that your round were impacting in the wrong place is a separate issue. I know the VR boresight procedure sometimes need to be different to the 2D one depending on your eye settings. There is a post in this thread explaining. 

Edited by Scaley

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2022 at 2:35 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Pilot position is correct for me. 

The CP/G position has the view centered on the TEDAC and not the seat. The team are considering what to do currently, as it is intended it seems but understand some would prefer it centered on the seat instead.

Sorry to quote-tag you BIGNEWY, but I was wondering, is the team still discussing this?

Perhaps the team could consider adding a "special tab" option for the Apache to sit in the center of the seat, instead of what we have now (centered to TEDAC).

I expect that for many VR users it would also help a lot in the IHADSS boresight alignment procedure.

System specs: