This mission is brilliant for helo ops!

sirrah

This PVE scenario of @Dzsekebreally deserves more attention than it currently is getting here on this forum:

Especially for helo ops I can't recommend this mission enough.

I'm doing it SP in the Apache (and occasionally switch to the Huey, Hip and Hind for some sling loading) and it's an absolute blast!

All the triggered AI activity makes it very "alive" and the save (sanitize) functionality really makes it something to look forward to when social life catches you.

There's also a Syria version in the works (which you can already download and try)

• Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

17 hours ago, sirrah said:

... and the save (sanitize) functionality really makes it something to look forward to when social life catches you ...

Save option? :animals_rooster:

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Save option? :animals_rooster:

Well, sort of yes 🙂 

If you rule out these two lines in your MissionScripting.lua:

sanitizeModule('os')
    --sanitizeModule('io')
    --sanitizeModule('lfs')
    _G['require'] = nil
    _G['loadlib'] = nil
    _G['package'] = nil

(place dashes in front of these two lines)

The mission will keep track of your progress (mission state) and you can continue where you left the next time. (it just remembers which targets are dead/alive, which zones are captured, how many credits you have, and stuff like that, so don't expect to hop back into your jet/helo where you stopped last time)

Many of the DCE missions out there make use of the sanitize function. Works like a charm

Edited by sirrah
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Good to know, thx, I'll try it.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 4/17/2022 at 12:47 PM, sirrah said:

This PVE scenario of @Dzsekebreally deserves more attention than it currently is getting here on this forum:

Especially for helo ops I can't recommend this mission enough.

I'm doing it SP in the Apache (and occasionally switch to the Huey, Hip and Hind for some sling loading) and it's an absolute blast!

All the triggered AI activity makes it very "alive" and the save (sanitize) functionality really makes it something to look forward to when social life catches you.

There's also a Syria version in the works (which you can already download and try)

How are you dealing with all the SAM sites? find there isn't much to hide behind.

2 minutes ago, solidGad said:

How are you dealing with all the SAM sites? find there isn't much to hide behind.

I didn't have too much trouble with them (or I was lucky 😉)

I mostly operated the CPG station myself (with George AI in H-B mode), which avoids a lot of LOS issues. All you really need is a few trees and you're good. Surely though, SA15's and SA19's are a huge pita 😅. Luckily I only encountered 2 of them iirc.

Alternatively and/or additionally, you can request SEAD support. Which actually shouldn't be considered cheating if you look at it from a realistic perspective. CAS support will also take care of short range SAM's (to be completely honest, I had CAS destroy the SA19 after it killed me for the 10th time)

I finished the Caucasus Foothold version yesterday. Perhaps I'll also continue the Syria version, although atm distances seem a bit extreme for helo OPS there..

System specs:

12 minutes ago, sirrah said:

I didn't have too much trouble with them (or I was lucky 😉)

I mostly operated the CPG station myself (with George AI in H-B mode), which avoids a lot of LOS issues. All you really need is a few trees and you're good. Surely though, SA15's and SA19's are a huge pita 😅. Luckily I only encountered 2 of them iirc.

Alternatively and/or additionally, you can request SEAD support. Which actually shouldn't be considered cheating if you look at it from a realistic perspective. CAS support will also take care of short range SAM's (to be completely honest, I had CAS destroy the SA19 after it killed me for the 10th time)

I finished the Caucasus Foothold version yesterday. Perhaps I'll also continue the Syria version, although atm distances seem a bit extreme for helo OPS there..

Thanks! Ya, I figured i'd be fine once i get some credits to do some SEAD. just was meaning the early part with 0 credits. I'll try again tonight!

and ya, a lot of these missions just aren't designed for helo ops with the long distances. I've been enjoying the RotorOps mission generator as the ranges are much more helo friendly. 

32 minutes ago, solidGad said:

Thanks! Ya, I figured i'd be fine once i get some credits to do some SEAD. just was meaning the early part with 0 credits. I'll try again tonight!

and ya, a lot of these missions just aren't designed for helo ops with the long distances. I've been enjoying the RotorOps mission generator as the ranges are much more helo friendly. 

Well, this one (Foothold Caucasus) is really good for the Apache.

Note that when you start, there are two neutral zones iirc. Capture those first by bringing them supplies (F10 logistics menu). Although not realistic, for your convenience you can do this with the Apache 🙂

It'll give you some well needed credits 😉

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

1 minute ago, sirrah said:

Well, this one (Foothold Caucasus) is really good for the Apache.

Note that when you start, there are two neutral zones iirc. Capture those first by bringing them supplies (F10 logistics menu). Although not realistic, for your convenience you can do this with the Apache 🙂

It'll give you some well needed credits 😉

excellent. i didn't even think to try and capture them. thanks!