Game crash

84-Simba

Retried.

It crashed at probably exactly the very same time, about 30nm to an airbase I was going to put JDAMs on, high speed, 70ft above the water.

My machine has 32gb of RAM, a 6800xt and a 5600x CPU.

MSAA is at 4x but SSAA is off.

Everything was working well and fluid until the last update.

I see a lot of errors in the log but I've not seen anything regarding RAM.

The problem is when it hangs I cannot visualize the other apps so no way to check my CPU temps or RAM usage.

The only I can see is the junction temp of the GPU and it's way lower than 110C.

I can tell the CPU and GPU critical temps are not reached because fans are programmed to go full blow 20 degres before those limits and even with the headset, you can hear it (I did the test)

There a lot of different errors in the log.

Is that suppose to be normal ?

• ED Team

Hi, 

you have a script error here on a mod 

ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportAfterNextFrame:[string "C:\Users\Simba\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/DCSDTC.lua"

are you using any other radio mods or edits? 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It's a little app that act as datacard for the Viper but I wasn't using it since I fly the Hornet in Liberation.

(Scenic Route, 30nm to Kysh - yes I'm THAT brave 😉 )

The app is not even running.

It never caused me any trouble in the Viper and everything was working fine until now.

I'm quite far into the campaign so there are way less units than in the beginning.

It may be a coïncidence but it appears the game crashes roughly when I come into a Hawk radar range.

I had several other crashes when I was in F6 view following a JSOW that was targeted at a Hawk.

It may be something with Skynet for some reason, even if I did not red anything online about a potential problem.

I'll try to deactivate Skynet and see if I still have this problem.

Will report.

• ED Team

If you are able to recreate in a short time you may find a track replay in the crash zip folder when it happens. 

If you can attach it we will see if we can replicate

But please ensure you have removed any unofficial mods or edits if you have them

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Unlikely because the actual Hawk radar is more than 200nm away from the boat.

If I spawn directly in the zone it may change Skynet behaviour so not ideal for bug tracking and a very long track for you guys.

I will retry without Skynet. I hope it is this because flying 70ft AGL all the way just to have a crash is kind of frustrating.

And I never experienced any crash before trying Liberation.

(on a side note, ED should inspire from Libertation because it really revived the SP experience and content)

And again without the DTC Script, fxo and metashader folders cleared and a slow repair.

Could it be my pagefiles or the shadder and api errors at the beginning ?

Note that on this one I never entered a plane nor displayed anything, I stayed in the F-10 view with Combine Arms.

dcs.log

Edited by 84-Simba
typo

There is no sign of lack of memory in your logs. The game just freezes. It could be caused by a slow/faulty drive, an external app or a mod.

Ensure your DCS main folder is added as an exception in your antivirus software.

Rename you Saved Games/DCS.../Scripts/Export.lua script so the game cannot find it.

Use Windows Resource Manager while playing and look at the Disk tab. Select dcs.exe and look for high Response times (>300 Ms). If you find any, see which drive it is related to.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Tried all of that, monitored my hardware while playing.

Lately I did not have any crashes.

I'm thinking about a certain numbers of units around the carrier, or some coming while some are going.

I haven't been able to put the finger on something but there are quite a lot of errors in the log.

Even after a complete fresh reinstall.