How do I enable IR function for the TV thing on su25t?

Hello nice guys and OP gamers. I saw a video on Drewski's channel and he has the IR system on his su25t. How do I modify the codes or files or modules to enable this function? plz tell me if u guys has any method. Thanks! I sincerely hope everyone has a bigger Dk.

11 minutes ago, Leo1A5 said:

Hello nice guys and OP gamers. I saw a video on Drewski's channel and he has the IR system on his su25t. How do I modify the codes or files or modules to enable this function? plz tell me if u guys has any method. Thanks! I sincerely hope everyone has a bigger Dk.

You bring the right pod? 

Don't remember the name, it's been a while since I used it. Phantasmagoria or something, or was that the other one? 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

54 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

You bring the right pod? 

Don't remember the name, it's been a while since I used it. Phantasmagoria or something, or was that the other one? 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

There are only two pod. One is for SEAD and another is low light pod, which is not useful in daytime because it's just full of white on screen. I saw him using white hot mod at day time. here is the link to the video. https://youtu.be/JGnQwNxx-i8

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

Yep, the Phantasmagoria pod is for SEAD missions, while the Mercury pod is for low level light sensor (LLTV Mercury, on central station), witch can be activated with "RCtrl+ O" (letter o, not number). Good pod, by the way.

Saludos.

Saca111

Good comment, letter o. 😂Do u know anything about the IR module by the way?

7 hours ago, Cmptohocah said:

He's talking about Mercury pod.

Nope. I saw an IR mod for the TV thing on su25t.

Just now, Leo1A5 said:

Do u know anything about the IR module by the way?

Hi.

AFAIK, there is no IR module, just this LLTV module. If you are  thinking  about a mod, I once had a NVG mod that worked on DCS 1.5 or that old... but can't find it anymore, and I think it does not work in the actual iteration of DCS.

Cheers.

Saca111

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

AFAIK, there is no IR module, just this LLTV module. If you are  thinking  about a mod, I once had a NVG mod that worked on DCS 1.5 or that old... but can't find it anymore, and I think it does not work in the actual iteration of DCS.

Cheers.

Saca111

Hi, thanks for replying

plz check this video 

and u will find something new. That is what I'm wondering about. 

17 minutes ago, Leo1A5 said:

plz check this video

DId check the video, and to my eyes it is just the LLTV Mercury pod. It has animage that looks like a IR, maybe it is one, but it is that pod. You can see it im the external views. The image is quite good, actually.

Cheers.

Saca111

1 minute ago, Sacarino111 said:

DId check the video, and to my eyes it is just the LLTV Mercury pod. It has animage that looks like a IR, maybe it is one, but it is that pod. You can see it im the external views. The image is quite good, actually.

Cheers.

Saca111

Thanks for ur explanation. Thank u so much.

Yes. He’s using the Mercury low light pod. It should only be amplifying visible light but ED has always modeled it as something like infrared.

• Like 3

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

🙂 Sorry about that.

I suppose it could have had some sort of IR sensing added at some point (in real life) but I’ll observe that the Su-25T’s manual describes it as a “low light level TV targeting system”. That’s why you can see more with it at night under a full moon than a new moon…or that’s how it used to be. Haven’t used it recently and I’m 400 miles from my computer right now and unable to double check.

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 1 year later...