Switch Bindings With Multiple External Peripherals/Controllers Help

Kenpilot

Hey guys. In my simpit for the A10C, I have several external peripherals/controllers such as the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog joystick and throttles, Thrustmaster MFDs (2), Buddy Fox UCF, etc. I also have several arduinos and several GP WIZ40s for switches, buttons etc. I'm finally programming everything and binding the switches and buttons, etc. I'm starting to run in to the problem of there being several of the same switch/button assignments with a couple of the peripherals. Such as, the joystick having a Button 1 and the Buddy Fox UFC having a button 1. So when I try to bind one of them, they now both have the same assignment.. I would think since they are two totally different peripherals/controllers, it wouldn't matter if they both have a button 1, they're a button 1 on the joystick and a button 1 on the UFC.  Is there a way around this or to help the computer understand that they are two different controllers or maybe rename the buttons on the controllers so that I only have one Button number for each button and switch? Thanks for any help! 

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

I had a similar problem until I turned off "HOT PLUG".
Each controller should have its own column in the control bindings pages.
When you first use the device, DCS will try to figure out what buttons you want automatically - in the case of the TM Warthog/A-10 combination, it gets it right, but with others it's a guess.
You may need to clear the whole column and start over.

Where problems may occur is if your GP WIZ40s all have the same VID (their USB "name") and DCS can't tell them apart.

Edited by No1sonuk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, No1sonuk said:

I had a similar problem until I turned off "HOT PLUG".
Each controller should have its own column in the control bindings pages.
When you first use the device, DCS will try to figure out what buttons you want automatically - in the case of the TM Warthog/A-10 combination, it gets it right, but with others it's a guess.
You may need to clear the whole column and start over.

Where problems may occur is if your GP WIZ40s all have the same VID (their USB "name") and DCS can't tell them apart.

The Hot Plug did it! Didn't even know that was there. Lol Had to do some re-binding but nothing is double assigned now and working perfectly. Thank you!!

• Like 1

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir