Mini-updates discussion

Sharkku

• ED Team

Yes it resolves the issue in that thread. 

you will now be able to step TOO coordinates and add different target coordinates. 

Once you have set a TOO coordinate you need to undesignate and step to the next one, you will then be able to set a new target location of the next TOO

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1小时前,Topper81说:

Does "Ground units are now more visible on A-G radar." means that stationary, not moving units will be more visible in map mode?

I'm also curious about this as it doesn't say if it's MAP mode or GMT mode.

For MAP mode, if you know a rough coordinate, you can search for the targets with TGP. Finding targets in the original MAP mode is still a bit laborious, and I usually use it to determine if there are any remaining targets, because all "dead" targets are not displayed in the MAP mode.

In the image below I blew up a Hummer and it disappeared from the radar completely

Screen_211222_144801.png

For the GMT mode, the smaller the movement or the higher the target (such as a helicopter) from the ground, the target icon will be more dim. I don't know how it will behave after this update. I think the fix log for these bugs needs to be more clearly stated or a related bug report would be better.

For MAP mode, if you know a rough coordinate, you can search for the targets with TGP. Finding targets in the original MAP mode is still a bit laborious, and I usually use it to determine if there are any remaining targets, because all "dead" targets are not displayed in the MAP mode.
In the image below I blew up a Hummer and it disappeared from the radar completely
Screen_211222_144801.thumb.png.6660838417de7980dab8f245ac9717fd.png
For the GMT mode, the smaller the movement or the higher the target (such as a helicopter) from the ground, the target icon will be more dim. I don't know how it will behave after this update. I think the fix log for these bugs needs to be more clearly stated or a related bug report would be better.
Destroyed units disappear from A/G Map? That's not correct. A large piece of metal is still a large piece of metal. It would be nice to see either some form of raycasting implemented (if there isn't) or a more detailed version of the current implementation.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

53分钟前,Harker说:
2小时前,FrostLaufeyson说:
Screen_211222_144801.thumb.png.6660838417de7980dab8f245ac9717fd.png

Destroyed units disappear from A/G Map? That's not correct. A large piece of metal is still a large piece of metal. It would be nice to see either some form of raycasting implemented (if there isn't) or a more detailed version of the current implementation.

Screen_211222_144822.png

See? With a large crater, but shows nothing on the radar

Screen_211222_144822.thumb.png.c743ecf38b0a53c67db041b83fa5f191.png
See? With a large crater, but shows nothing on the radar
Oh I believe you, I'm not arguing about it. I was merely pointing out that MAP should still show destroyed units, since they're still a large hunk of metal sitting there. It looks like the A/G radar implementation is kinda "gamey" and it shows only specific, predefined stuff, instead of what's actually there.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

2分钟前,Harker说:

Oh I believe you, I'm not arguing about it. I was merely pointing out that MAP should still show destroyed units, since they're still a large hunk of metal sitting there. It looks like the A/G radar implementation is kinda "gamey" and it shows only specific, predefined stuff, instead of what's actually there.

I know I know. I just think it's bad and funny at the same time. It shouldn't be my basis for judging whether the vehicle was destroyed

I know I know. I just think it's bad and funny at the same time. It shouldn't be my basis for judging whether the vehicle was destroyed
Yep, exactly. Now, you just know, whether you like it or not. No need for a visual confirmation.

-

On 4/18/2022 at 11:53 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Yes it resolves the issue in that thread. 

you will now be able to step TOO coordinates and add different target coordinates. 

Once you have set a TOO coordinate you need to undesignate and step to the next one, you will then be able to set a new target location of the next TOO

excellent news

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro