ah-64 from cpg to pilot problems

giullep

Hi, when in sp, I switch from cpg to pilot, because I was using hellfire in hovering for example, as soon as I get back in pilot position the attitude is not stable and I always try not to crash because I immediately lose control ... but it shouldn't be stable? Is it a bug, or is it early access or is it normal?
what should I do, do I have to reset the trim from cpg before going back to the pilot?

afaik George is not trimming the Apache, so when you switch seats you return every control to 0 or to the current position of your controller, like collective up.

... the controls stay in the last positon of George's controls UNLESS one of your controls is inputting a value (like collective axis or rudder) then it will instantly take over your controls. Just testet with different flight vectors  (hover, 40 and 90 knots)

you have to apply the correct input for the current vector. e.g. left pedal when in a 0 velocity hover, a little cyclic and check collective. So a lot of guesstimating. Also the Apache needs a lot of input the whole time when flying and especially in a hover.

More systems will come during EA, like Altitude Hold and a better SCAS system.

Not all wordings might be correct, had to write in a hurry sry.

K

Edited by Kharrn

7 minuti fa, Kharrn ha scritto:

afaik George is not trimming the Apache, so when you switch seats you return every control to 0 or to the current position of your controller, like collective up.

you have to apply the correct input for the current vector. e.g. left pedal when in a 0 velocity hover, a little cyclic and check collective. So a lot of guesstimating. Also the Apache needs a lot of input the whole time when flying and especially in a hover.

More systems will come during EA, like Altitude Hold and a better SCAS system.

Not all wordings might be correct, had to write in a hurry sry.

K

thx

1 hour ago, giullep said:

Hi, when in sp, I switch from cpg to pilot, because I was using hellfire in hovering for example, as soon as I get back in pilot position the attitude is not stable and I always try not to crash because I immediately lose control ... but it shouldn't be stable? Is it a bug, or is it early access or is it normal?
what should I do, do I have to reset the trim from cpg before going back to the pilot?

I too experience this. Especially when in a low altitude hover, it can be a pita trying to recover when switching to the PLT seat.

I noticed that having some forward airspeed before switching back to the PLT seat, makes taking over the PLT seat a bit more easy

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• Thanks 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

just tested and found out:

... the controls stay in the last positon of George's controls UNLESS one of your controls is inputting a value (like collective axis or rudder) then it will instantly take over your controls. Just testet with different flight vectors  (hover, 40 and 90 knots)

(changed in my first post)

and also what Baldrick33 says! 🙂

edit:

you can also see George's controls inputs while in the CPG. Right Ctrl and Enter. It will also stay up when switching. So at least you know what inputs to expect and you can kinda mimic the position before taking over. Hope that might help till George trims the Pache 🙂

Edited by Kharrn
  • Like 1