JetSeat Replacement Motors

I am wondering if anyone that has a Jetseat from the eshop at Andre's was able to find replacement motors? Perhaps on Amazon or some other shop within the U.S?

My first JetSeat broke so I bought a new one from the eshop. I had it about 4 months and one of the lower left motors stopped spinning. I contacted Andre via email and he mentioned he could send a control unit board and motor under warranty but I would need to send the old parts back. 

My reply was that I am not sure if I could send the replacement parts back with the Postal service suspensions?  Waiting to hear back on my email. 

In the meantime, has anyone ever replace one of these motors? What type of motor is it and what is the voltage required? 

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

3 hours ago, MarcT-NL said:

Following. I just found out that the 2 motors on my left leg aren't working anymore. I have looked inside, I see nothing wrong. No loose or broken wires, no visual damage to the little controlboard.

Does it look similar to this? https://imgur.com/a/4TB869E

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

3 hours ago, MarcT-NL said:

Kind of. My controlboard is covered in plastic of some sort. But yeah, the bottom-left motors (there are 2 of them) don't do anything anymore.

did you check the connector to the board?
sometimes users have lubed the vibrators and they have come to life again

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

The plastic is probably a gel glue that is used to hold the electronics to the foam pad. My first jetseat order had a lot of it on the wires/board/motors.

This order uses a much smaller amount. I will try some silicon spray but I wonder why it was recommended in the initial email to change the control board and motor if only one motor stopped working in my case.

The plastic drops on the control board is probably hot glue.  4 of my motors have stopped working as well. 

I will try using a heat gun to gently melt the hot glue on the control board so that I can have access to the motors wires

they must be 12V motors as the power supply is a 12DC one

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

3 hours ago, AstroEma said:

The plastic drops on the control board is probably hot glue.  4 of my motors have stopped working as well. 

I will try using a heat gun to gently melt the hot glue on the control board so that I can have access to the motors wires

they must be 12V motors as the power supply is a 12DC one

I wonder if these will work as a replacement? I guess it also depends which model of JetSeat you have. The FSE model has different motors.  https://www.amazon.com/Black-5000RPM-Vibration-Massage-Cushion/dp/B07YHC8DNT/ref=sr_1_5?crid=ZS7A4D0X11Q6&keywords=dc+vibration+motor+12v&qid=1650329821&sprefix=dc+vibration+motor+12v%2Caps%2C68&sr=8-5

These also have wires already attached so I am not sure what is involved in using the existing wires from the seat. Probably have to remove the wires and solder on the existing wires from the motor that is dead. But this is just me guessing without knowing the full details if these would even work with the control board.

Tried using some silicon spray on the motor that does not spin. Still does not work. I can feel it slightly hum when I test all the motors but no movement from it.

So only 4 months of use and the motors quit working?  Is this normal?

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

It's been 4 months since I bought it but I've only really used it a handful of times. Luckily it's just one motor that quit.

I haven't received a reply from Andre but I'm sure with the whole situation right now in Russia and the postal service suspensions, nothing can be done even if it's in warranty.

Which is why I was inquiring if anyone else has had luck replacing the motors as it seems a few people have had motors quit on them too.

I love the jet seat for immersion but I don't think I would buy one a third time at this point.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aleader said:

Its quite unusual, users with units working properly don't usually open threads 😉

From what I have read, sometimes the vibrator axis dries and gets stuck, that's why lubing is the standard response

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I have had mine for about a year I guess ?   I use it every single day for several hours. It always worked fine, however one motor in particular made so much noise that it breaks the immersion a bit, but I'm used to that by now. Talked to Andre about it, but there is not much he can do. Sending stuff back and forward to Russia is about as expensive as buying a new seat.

Until last week, when suddenly Simshaker for Aviators doesn't start anymore (no errormessage, just quits) and I found out that two of the motors under my leg (= one channel) don't work anymore.

So that's the trouble. What am I going to do about it ?  Andre might be an OK guy, but doing business with Russia is frowned upon these days. And besides: I can't just bring it in for repairs. I don't understand why just one russian makes these things. Why can't I Just buy it in European stores ?

I have had mine for about a year I guess ?   I use it every single day for several hours. It always worked fine, however one motor in particular made so much noise that it breaks the immersion a bit, but I'm used to that by now. Talked to Andre about it, but there is not much he can do. Sending stuff back and forward to Russia is about as expensive as buying a new seat.
Until last week, when suddenly Simshaker for Aviators doesn't start anymore (no errormessage, just quits) and I found out that two of the motors under my leg (= one channel) don't work anymore.
So that's the trouble. What am I going to do about it ?  Andre might be an OK guy, but doing business with Russia is frowned upon these days. And besides: I can't just bring it in for repairs. I don't understand why just one russian makes these things. Why can't I Just buy it in European stores ?
It is good you used yours every day. Since December I used mine maybe 5 times before discovering the dead motor.

It's funny you mentioned why no one else makes them. I see several massage chairs on Amazon or online that look just like the jetpad. I even saw a thread on reddit where one user was interested in taking one of them and turning it into a jetseat. They never did the job but at least it's been thought about.

I am still looking around for a 12v motor that maybe I can buy a soldering tool and solder the old motor off, then solder the new one on. I'm just afraid adding a random motor I find may fry the whole seat.

Are you realy shure it's the motor, and not one of the cirquits ?

Because in my case there are 2 motors dead, but they are connected to the same cirquit. So it would be a coincidence ifjust these 2 motors were broken. Ik might as well be the cirquit. Could anybody tell me how I could measure that ?

Here is a picture. It seems that the motors, connected to M2 are dead. In the JetSeat Control panel this is named "motor 1" however.

image.png

image.png

From your picture I am seeing m1, M2, etc. Meaning motor one, motor 2. Each m1 or M2 connector has two wires. So m1 has wire 1 and wire 2 for motor 1. Same for motor 2. Each motor has two wires to bring power, positive and negative. So both wires in M1 is for motor 1 and both wires in M2 is for motor 2.

Could be the circuit but I don't know how to check that without breaking the seat. You would need to disconnect a working motor say from M6 and connect the wires to M1. If that motor runs, it's not that circuit.

The red and black wire, comming from M2 go to 2 motors, parallel connected. Although the connector says M2, the wires go to the motors, that are activated with button [1] on the JetSeat controll panel. The 2 motors (1 channel) I mean are under my left leg (butcheek and knee).

The ciquitboard has 6 connectors, but the seat has 8 motors.

I have just measured it, and there is no current on the connector M2. The wiring is ok, because I can measure almost no resistance between the connector M2 and the connector on the motor itself. So it must be something in the main connector, of before that.

Edited by MarcT-NL

Ah that makes sense now that you explained it. Mine is probably connected the same way. I have not measured the voltage yet but the motor that does not spin does get power to it because I hear it slightly making a humming noise.

Which is why I am assuming that a new motor would be fine if I could find one.

I also wish I could find an alternative. I wonder if this would be compatible?

https://www.simracingstudio.com/product-page/srs-ushake6-includes-srs-license-for-bass-shaker

But seems like you have to pay for the software and I don't know if it would work for dcs.

On 4/20/2022 at 8:33 PM, sze5003 said:

It's been 4 months since I bought it but I've only really used it a handful of times. Luckily it's just one motor that quit.

I haven't received a reply from Andre but I'm sure with the whole situation right now in Russia and the postal service suspensions, nothing can be done even if it's in warranty.

Which is why I was inquiring if anyone else has had luck replacing the motors as it seems a few people have had motors quit on them too.

I love the jet seat for immersion but I don't think I would buy one a third time at this point.

I priced it out to get to Canada and it was over $450 CAD, maybe more depending on the fees/GST.  That's a lot of cabbage for something that looks pretty flimsy.  If it was half that price I could probably justify it.

On 4/20/2022 at 10:18 PM, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Its quite unusual, users with units working properly don't usually open threads 😉

From what I have read, sometimes the vibrator axis dries and gets stuck, that's why lubing is the standard response

This is true, but the whole having to send it back to Russia or try to get a response if something fails is a real downside.  It is surprising that someone in N. America hasn't come up with something like this.  It always seems like this kind of niche stuff is produced overseas.  

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

On 4/24/2022 at 7:16 PM, aleader said:

I priced it out to get to Canada and it was over $450 CAD, maybe more depending on the fees/GST.  That's a lot of cabbage for something that looks pretty flimsy.  If it was half that price I could probably justify it.

This is true, but the whole having to send it back to Russia or try to get a response if something fails is a real downside.  It is surprising that someone in N. America hasn't come up with something like this.  It always seems like this kind of niche stuff is produced overseas.  

bright side, thankfully there is one guy, who took over gametrix legacy and kept on improving, building and maintaing those things, otherwise they would be a relic from the past.
also, check SRS shaker systems for simracing, I think the software (which license is WAY more expensive than Simshaker) works for both simracing and flight sims, and they come from USA

https://www.simracingstudio.com/

On 4/23/2022 at 6:17 AM, MarcT-NL said:

The red and black wire, comming from M2 go to 2 motors, parallel connected. Although the connector says M2, the wires go to the motors, that are activated with button [1] on the JetSeat controll panel. The 2 motors (1 channel) I mean are under my left leg (butcheek and knee).

The ciquitboard has 6 connectors, but the seat has 8 motors.

I have just measured it, and there is no current on the connector M2. The wiring is ok, because I can measure almost no resistance between the connector M2 and the connector on the motor itself. So it must be something in the main connector, of before that

MarcT-NL,

There are 8 motors but only six channels.  The leg and butt motors are connected in parallel.  

If you haven't done so, try swapping out motors to see if it is the motor that has failed or if the channel has gone bad.   If your wiring appears good, examine the controller board.  There are two 8 pin DIP MOSFETS (labeled IR P025H) driving 4 SMD resistors (labeled 2R2).    Take a look at the picture of a portion of my control board (IMG_0610).  I traced the dead channel to R34, which in the image looks fried.  It should measure 2.2 ohms, but it measures 156 ohms.   I have ordered some 2.2 ohms SMD resistors but haven't replaced R34 yet.    The wiring in my JETSEAT had become brittle and the insulation had disintegrated in spots.  I think the leads to the motor must have shorted out, frying R34.     I do notice the motor on the dead channel  twitches when I test the channel, so hopefully the MOSFET DIP isn't blown, because the PO25H appears to be made out of unobtainum.

If the PO25 is okay, I am planning to totally rebuild my JETSEA, using higher quality wire,  eliminating the secondary connector junction board and moving the controller board to a 3D printed enclosure that will be easier mount to the side of the chair.  I plan to add memory foam cushioning, a cut out for a floor mounted center stick and a new cover made out olive drab military looking material.

I have had mine JETSEAT about four years and it has undergone some hard use.  Only two motors were working when I decided to try fixing it.  Upon removing the innards from the JETSEAT cushion, I found all kind of problems:  broken wires, bare wire, pulled out micro-connectors, bad solder joints wrapped with electrical tape rather than heat shrink, however all eight motors were still good.  Attached are pictures of some of the problems I found.  Yours appears be in much better condition.

Good luck

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

My board looks pretty good, well from the top side. I haven't ripped it off the center of the seat to check the underside. All my wires also look good too.

Also all the motors will spin by hand regardless if they get power. The weight attached to them is supposed to spin like that.

It looks like the control board might be glued to the seat on the side that has the resistors.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have now developed a similar issue… however mine is slightly different. 

the JetSeat will not connect to the PC and I have a high pitched whine coming from one of my motors. Checking this, it spins freely. 

i have continuity checked the wiring and that all looks ok. 

Also, while powered up, the controller doesn’t show any power although I can confirm I do have 12V DC coming from the power supply. 

My guess is the motor is faulty albeit I can’t be certain. To rule it out I have ordered some replacements from Amazon as per the attached image if this is a help to anyone looking for them. They look spot on as to the ones in the JetSeat but won’t know until I receive them tomorrow. Amazon Prime 😜

fingers crossed I can get this sorted as love my JetSeat. 

B5244808-00DD-4EFD-9BA6-5BCE4E0936BD.png

• Like 2

I too have now developed a similar issue… however mine is slightly different. 

the JetSeat will not connect to the PC and I have a high pitched whine coming from one of my motors. Checking this, it spins freely. 

i have continuity checked the wiring and that all looks ok. 

Also, while powered up, the controller doesn’t show any power although I can confirm I do have 12V DC coming from the power supply. 

My guess is the motor is faulty albeit I can’t be certain. To rule it out I have ordered some replacements from Amazon as per the attached image if this is a help to anyone looking for them. They look spot on as to the ones in the JetSeat but won’t know until I receive them tomorrow. Amazon Prime

fingers crossed I can get this sorted as love my JetSeat. 
B5244808-00DD-4EFD-9BA6-5BCE4E0936BD.thumb.png.8c6285039349f30275466d09f194c7bc.png
I would be really interested to see if these work for you and what you did to replace the old motors in the seat that were not working?