Caldera

Hey All,

I am primarily a A-10C jockey (junky) and have done quite a bit of weapon testing for it.  Since the AGM-114K is the new kid on the block I thought I would test it as well.  I don't run more than a couple of tests per weapon so data scatter is a reality.  I do this to testing to compare relative lethality which also includes the splash damage of the weapon.  Which I consider to be hits and kills to adjacent units.

This is my test range.  All of the red units are spaced at 25 feet radius from the center vehicle.

Range 01.gif

This is the shot.  One AGM-114K from 2000 feet AGL in a George hover targeting the center vehicle. 

Range 02.gif

This is the data comparison chart.  This is assuming that ED has not changed the other weapons a whole lot since I tested them last.  The numbers for HIT and KILL indicate radius distance to the center vehicle.

Data 01.gif

I am not positive about the weight of the warheads.  But the value of HE RATIO is subjective and is the ratio of INF KILL / HE KGS.  I use it for comparison only.  Notice that the AGM-114K does better vs Infantry kills with a much smaller warhead than the AGM-65D.

Caldera

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 2

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Hey All,

I am primarily a A-10C jockey (junky) and have done quite a bit of weapon testing for it.  Since the AGM-114K is the new kid on the block I thought I would test it as well.  I don't run more than a couple of tests per weapon so data scatter is a reality.  I do this to testing to compare relative lethality which also includes the splash damage of the weapon.  Which I consider to be hits and kills to adjacent units.

This is my test range.  All of the red units are spaced at 25 feet radius from the center vehicle.

Range 01.gif

This is the shot.  One AGM-114K from 2000 feet AGL in a George hover targeting the center vehicle. 

Range 02.gif

This is the data comparison chart.  This is assuming that ED has not changed the other weapons a whole lot since I tested them last.  The numbers for HIT and KILL indicate radius distance to the center vehicle.

Data 01.gif

I am not positive about the weight of the warheads.  But the value of HE RATIO is subjective and is the ratio of INF KILL / HE KGS.  I use it for comparison only.  Notice that the AGM-114K does better vs Infantry kills with a much smaller warhead than the AGM-65D.

Caldera

Please include your track replay from your test, and any evidence you have that something is wrong. Please remember our 1.16 rule before posting. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

BigNewy,

I guess I had better review rule 1.16 before I post!

To be clear, I am not trying to indicate that there is anything wrong.  Of which, if any, I am not privy and the results are simply what I observed.   I am just providing the results of my testing for better understanding of the game mechanics.

Caldera

https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/AGM-114_Hellfire

Raptor,

6 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

Are we saying the Hellfire is over-powered? Are we saying that all weapons need to adhere to a fixed, uniform ratio of explosive weight to kill ratio, disregarding such things as warhead composition, warhead design/shape, missile casing, impact velocity/angle, surface gradient, and a litany of other factors that create a multitude of varied effects, sometimes even with the same munition?

Because I have zero actual experience with these weapons, I am not saying anything of the sort.  I am simply stating one fact that I noticed about the DCS AGM-114K.  One could also notice from my chart that weapons classified as Armor Piercing also do better than their strictly HE Fragmentation counter part. 

In DCS...

Maybe I should remove the HE component in my testing that I post? 

I just use it as a relative type assessment comparison to the real world of the available weapons that DCS provides where the only thing that really matters is how the weapon performs in game.

Caldera

Cool work, Caldera. 

It is interesting to see, as you say, how effects are simulated in the game. This type of data would help in weaponeering for missions.

Don't let the critics and nay-sayers get in the way of curiosity. If we didn't have people like you in the community, we would not catch the slight differences and imperfections in weapon effects. After all, it's just a computer sim made by people. Keep it up. 

• Like 1