Special Option for Trigger-Guard

Razor18

On 4/18/2022 at 11:12 AM, Dagobert666 said:

I understand that Apache has something like that and that you also want to simulate it. But I bet more than 90% of all DCS players don't have a trigger guard on their HOTAS. So to simulate that is a "Schildbürgerstreich" as we like to say in Germany. A Action that foolishly fails in its proper or original purpose...

MY SUGGESTION: An option in the "SPECIAL" menu where you can set the trigger guard to be open automatically when you start the simulation (cold as well as hot)

An interesting term, maybe one I should try to use from now on.

I don't even own the Apache, but I agree with this. DCS should absolutely 100% have the trigger guard as a bindable key, however it's also one of those simulation elements that needs to be looked at from a practical perspective. In the real helicopter, or with a proper HOTAS it's a non issue, but if you happen to have controls that don't match the real thing, it can become a hindrance very quick. A special option for this command and other similar commands across other modules makes a lot of sense.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

34 minutes ago, shagrat said:

There are 3 different keybinds. "Open/Close" switches between open and close and separate "Open" and "Close" keybinds, so if you use the "Open" only it will not close again.

Ah nice didn't see that. I'll give that a go. Should work well. 

If I understand correctly the trigger guard is only spring loaded piece of metal that physically blocks trigger, there is no electronic switch in it, no indication if it's up or down.
If so, IMO the key binding is redundant. If someone will produce AH-64D stick, he may place the guard on it. If not, there is no reason theres should be any "electronic trace" of it, like key bind.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Foka:

If I understand correctly the trigger guard is only spring loaded piece of metal that physically blocks trigger, there is no electronic switch in it, no indication if it's up or down.
If so, IMO the key binding is redundant. If someone will produce AH-64D stick, he may place the guard on it. If not, there is no reason theres should be any "electronic trace" of it, like key bind.

Exactly. If someone would make a specific AH-64D cyclic grip, he would need to add a sensor/button to recognize the "open" and "close" position for the physical guard, to send the "open" and "close" commands to DCS.

Even if you bind a button on your HOTAS for the open/close toggle you need to remember, if it is open or close, as there is no visual indication and we can't "feel" the guard. 

So the only thing we can bind is "open" to ensure it is open anyway.  Basically, you open the trigger guard once and then never touch it, until you RTB, in DCS.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

7 hours ago, Dagobert666 said:

"Added trigger guard as option and not mandatory!"

Thank You ED! you are really awesome! 🤗

#\ Topic Closed

indeed, a great wish implemented!  thanks ED!

• Like 2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• Raptor9 changed the title to Special Option for Trigger-Guard
  • Raptor9 locked this topic