Can't watch other aircrafts in action : frustrating

The option to watch other aircrafts and other views are locked. OK it's a cheat. We are bound to play hardcore.

I'm frustrated with that. I like to watch scenes when I have nothing better to do. For example, watch the eagles sweep the sky when you ingress, or the tornedos bomb the target when you egress.

And I admit I also sometimes cheat. 

I'm not quite happy with this choice of the designer. We should have a choice. After all, its' not official competition or exam. 

I thought OK then , I'll watch the all thing afterwards, I'll save the track, get the pop corn, and watch the all story from different views. How frustrating, it's the same restrictions in watching the track than in playing the mission !

Can we change that ?

51 minutes ago, Falken2 said:

The option to watch other aircrafts and other views are locked. OK it's a cheat. We are bound to play hardcore.

I'm frustrated with that. I like to watch scenes when I have nothing better to do. For example, watch the eagles sweep the sky when you ingress, or the tornedos bomb the target when you egress.

And I admit I also sometimes cheat. 

I'm not quite happy with this choice of the designer. We should have a choice. After all, its' not official competition or exam. 

I thought OK then , I'll watch the all thing afterwards, I'll save the track, get the pop corn, and watch the all story from different views. How frustrating, it's the same restrictions in watching the track than in playing the mission !

Can we change that ?

I think you can unlock it if you open the mission in the editor and change the view setting in the general mission options to All.  You won't be able to save the mission like this and it will only work in the editor so won't count towards campaign progression, but if you really want to see things like this you can.

I'd never advise trying to watch the track anyway, that will break after a few minutes, DCS tracks have very little replay value and most likely you'll just watch your aircraft crash into the ground.

As for the design decision, welcome to the  world of the mission designer, some want the hard-core locked version, some don't...you can't win 'em all 😜.

29 minutes ago, Falken2 said:

That's why you shouldn't lock. Those who want to play hard core don't use the view keys. Just like God in Paradise gave Adam & Eve the free will ...

Well, there is that argument, but some people tell me they can't help peeking so would rather it was locked, like I say, you'll never please everyone but appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks 👍

some people tell me they can't help peeking so would rather it was locked

I can't understand this argument. If some people want hardcore settings, they set and lock everything to their wishes in their own DCS gameplay options. In a single player mission, locking options has no purpose. Everyone plays according to his own rules set in his own DCS options. 

I think forcing and locking options makes sense in multi player missions, to enforce all players playing with the same rules.

Note : in the DCS manual https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/9ff/DCS_User_Manual_EN.pdf it is written page 68 When the "USE THESE OPTIONS FOR ALL MISSIONS" checkbox is unchecked in the Options\Gameplay menu, the locked mission options will override the settings in the main Options. However, when the "USE THESE OPTIONS FOR ALL MISSIONS" check-box is checked, the settings in the main Options screen will take priority. 

I tested quickly checking this option, it doesn't function.

I think you can unlock it if you open the mission in the editor and change the view setting in the general mission options to All.  You won't be able to save the mission like this and it will only work in the editor so won't count towards campaign progression, but if you really want to see things like this you can.

Yes, I noticed you can't edit (save) a mission. It's understable. Your work, your property.

• Like 1

I concur that campaigns should be as open as possible, letting the users choose what they want to restrict ...  or not. It's pretty damn easy to not press F2 F2 F2 F2 if that's how you want to experience the game. Given how cinematic DCS can look, frankly it is a huge loss to needlessly lock out the paying customer from experiencing everything that is going on in these complex, detailed missions that the designers spend so much time creating.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Tried . It seems there is a frame rate drop when you fly the mission in the editor. I can't afford it.