VR sudden fps drops and reprojection errors

chfeng

Good day everyone,

I have recently upgraded my rig and headset. Currently using HTC Vive Pro 2. As my rig's spec please refer to DxDiag. PSU is 850W+ Platinium.

The main issue is, as the title says, sudden fps drops and as per SteamVR interface, reprojection errors(Goes full purple).

20220415003532_1.jpg

Also noticed that, power of GPU goes nearly %70 down while this occurs although gpu usage is at %100 as can be seen in below picture; 

ss tweak.png

To eliminate some steps, I have reduced resolution from vive console to absolute <profanity> and adjusted in game graphic settings to VR. Adjusted power target of GPU to %80 (if anything wrongs ith my psu.). Deleted fpsVR, played in fullscreen/windowed but no luck so far.

While issue happens, minimizing game windows solves the issue for a brief period, however it happens again and again. Game is not playable condition in VR currently.

Thanks in advance.

dcs.log DxDiag.txt

Yup! Precisely!

This is what I see too (although I didn't mention the re-projection errors as those are an artifact of the other problems.

See here!! (Preferably, delete this thread and add it to mine? Also Uprate my post to make it visible)

Edit: It's a good thing you're on a different VR set (I have Quest 2) and a slightly different Gfx card (even better than mine, I only have an RTX 3080). This proves it's not a VR kit or specific gfx card issue.

PS: I'm sorry you have it too, but glad I'm not alone...

Edited by Quip

I do not think so(not gpu or headset issue) 'cos, I am playing lots of game with my rig and set both in vr and non-vr without any problems. Even with the latest games. I believe, somewhere deep in DCS VR, some code fucks up very bad. 

Even with the highest system demanding games, I can play for 10 hrs non-stop w/o any problems.(while gpu is %99~100 at all times)

Edited by chfeng

On 4/20/2022 at 1:48 AM, chfeng said:

I do not think so(not gpu or headset issue) 'cos, I am playing lots of game with my rig and set both in vr and non-vr without any problems. Even with the latest games. I believe, somewhere deep in DCS VR, some code fucks up very bad. 

Even with the highest system demanding games, I can play for 10 hrs non-stop w/o any problems.(while gpu is %99~100 at all times)

I don't know if you said this as an answer to my reply, but if you read my post you will see I say the same thing: it's only in DCS, and I can hapily run any other game at full draw on the gfx card without any similar problems.