How do you guys create these Apache clips from track? They are always corrupted!

Frag

Hi guys,

I tried at least 12 times to watch my tracks of missions with the apache. Not a SINGLE one of them were showing the event as they happen. Even if I finish the mission successfully, the tracks always end up killing the chopper by hitting a tree or shoot miles always from where I was shooting.

The track system seems quite useless to me. Are these guys on youtube always save their clip while playing live, are simply lucky or they work with the clip they can get right and forget about the corrupted one!? Watching track is really disappointing.

On my side they are corrupted every time and it seems worst with the Apache than the other units. I do not change the time scale. The only thing I do is to play with the cameras. That's it.

They are probably using a screen capture/streaming utility such as Bandicam rather than the saved tracks which aren’t always reliable.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

I haven't replayed used saved tracks in ages. However a couple of tips just incase you're not aware:

1) Always save a copy of your track as a backup before replaying. Replaying tracks can corrupt the file permanently - so backups are very helpful/

2) Always let the replay play out at 1x speed. Never attempt to increase the speed of the track file or it can corrupt. (So if you're replaying and increasing the speed to get to the point you want to film, this will almost definitely corrupt the track).

It also wouldn't surprise me if people making youtube video's are actually using multiplayer and others to assist them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

Always let the replay play out at 1x speed.

THIS! 👆

Plus:
If I want to record in-cockpit view, I always stay in cockpit during the playback.
If I want to record F2 view, at the beginning of the playback I hit F2 and stay there until the end of the track. 🙂

Edited by Devrim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

YouTube videos aren’t tracks. They’re using screen capture/recording. I personally just use Nvidia shadowplay since I’m only doing clips, and then I splice the clips together as needed with a different program Shotcut I think it’s called.

However if you do need to view the track itself there’s a trick to viewing it but you only get one shot at it and I honestly forgot what the trickery is. You should look it up, maybe ask GrowlingSidewinder’s discord 

And no the track system probably isn’t  getting debugged anytime soon. I wouldn’t depend on  it.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

@Frag

I think the best way and the way some people do it is to have another person there in spectator mode
recording all of the external views at the same time that the pilot is recording the cockpit views using Bandicam, FRAPS, Shadow Play etc. 

Then using a timeline type editor, (I use Nero Video) you can splice everything together. No track replays needed.

Edited by rayrayblues

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU