upgrade or not upgrade?

Hi,

You can see my hardware in signature, I'd like to upgrade my gpu (nvidia1080Ti) to a 3060 12gb, is it worth?

Is it better for DCS (or also for the non combat sim) to have this one or a better card like 3070Ti with "only" 8gb?

My resolution 3840x1600 38" wide, generally I prefer not using VR but ... with a better gpu who knows...

Thank u guys!

Edited by qbcat

CPU:i5-8400@2,8GHz|GPU: GTX-1080Ti 11gb | RAM:48GB|Monitor LG38"" wide 3840x1600 | 2xSabrent SSD 2T Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280| VKB GladiatorMKII Kosmosima|

*** Perché volare? Semplice. Non sono felice a meno che non ci sia un po’ di spazio tra me e la terra. ***

2 hours ago, qbcat said:

Hi,

You can see my hardware in signature, I'd like to upgrade my gpu (nvidia1080Ti) to a 3060 12gb, is it worth?

Is it better for DCS (or also for the non combat sim) to have this one or a better card like 3070Ti with "only" 8gb?

My resolution 3840x1600 38" wide, generally I prefer not using VR but ... with a better gpu who knows...

Thank u guys!

Decide for yourself but to me, I wouldn't say it's worth $500.

Not worth it, wait for the next gen GPU's to release later this year. Maybe the 4060 will make more sense, or you could look at a second hand 3080.

Modules: F-14A/B | F-15C | F-16C | F/A-18C | SU-33 | Spitfire Mk IX | AH-64D | UH-1 | Super Carrier | Combined Arms | Persian Gulf | Syria | NTTR

Setup: VKB Gunfighter Mk.III F-14 CE HOTAS | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind V3 | Custom switch panel | Tek Creations F14 Display Panel | Custom F14 Left Vertical Console | Custom IR Tracker | Custom butt kicker

PC: i7 11700K | 64GB G-Skill DDR4 3600MHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | DCS dedicated 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD | 3440x1440 144hz 34" ultrawide

I would just say one thing while browsing the forum
and what I read about the different performances
between the different graphics cards,
it is that we must pay attention to what we really need as materials to make pleasant and smooth flights,
not what gpu makers are trying to make us believe by drowning us with several models by making us believe that the latest gpus are better than the old ones like your 1080 ti which is a great card that many would still like to have.
As ( Hector45 ) told you, wait until there is a real
difference between yours and the one that will come out to change.
Good flight to you:pilotfly:

Yes thank you guys, I agree. I've seen many reviews and .... yes 1080Ti rocks !

CPU:i5-8400@2,8GHz|GPU: GTX-1080Ti 11gb | RAM:48GB|Monitor LG38"" wide 3840x1600 | 2xSabrent SSD 2T Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280| VKB GladiatorMKII Kosmosima|

*** Perché volare? Semplice. Non sono felice a meno che non ci sia un po’ di spazio tra me e la terra. ***

If you're happy with your framerates, stick with the 1080 Ti. 

For VR, I would not expecting any of those cards to do much better than it, so probably wait until the next generation stuff comes out later this year. Between AMD, nVidia, Intel and the consoles all being on different high yield nodes, and the mining crash, this next generation should be less bonkers than the last one.