Some gun rounds in burst going hundreds of metres off target

imacken

Don't know if previously reported (or maybe correct behaviour) but several rounds of guns in each volley go way past the rest of the pack by hundreds of metres. See attached track.  Watch until all rounds have hit the ground.

gun spread.trk

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Looking into this a bit more, it seems to be only in that Instant Action Runway Start Marianas mission. Others I’ve tried tonight seem to be ok and not show that issue. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yeah the gun is a funny thing.

Auto mode is a joke if you are in uneven ground, I found it best to set a value (800 KM) and hold the LOS cross hair for lead or range.... as a Pilot. 

I  go through ammo fast though.... but it is early learning days.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

This is on level ground and is some form of bug. Repeatable in that mission every time. Not the same in other similar scenarios. 

Auto mode or fixed range?

CPG or Pilot?

I think it will be tuned.

For sure I am going through a lot of ammunition for over-shots when I think my fixed range and IHADDS LOS sight is correctly held for the range and drift that the target is at.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

It is very important to get your IHADS reference point calibrated at start up.

I think I read somewhere that you should be sitting comfortably....... NO.... NO.... NO! The reference point is not comfortable for every one!

When you align the IHADS system at start up, you must get all 3 rings lining up concentrically and you must line up the HMD Line Of Sight cross hair in the centre of the 3 perfectly aligned circles.

No mater who says what or whom is saying it, this is point reference and is engineered to be so.

After calibration you can slump in your chair as bad as I do, shoulders slumped, head cocked forward... it does not matter as the reference point is set and done.... weapon is calculating skull in space position from calibration point..... it does not stop calculating skull position..... ever!

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 2

Thanks guys, but I’m afraid you are not talking about the issue I have raised. There is nothing in the video above on the same topic. No one has even looked at my track - no download - so I’m not sure how there can be relevant comments. This is not about general gun issues. 

• ED Team
15 hours ago, imacken said:

Don't know if previously reported (or maybe correct behaviour) but several rounds of guns in each volley go way past the rest of the pack by hundreds of metres. See attached track.  Watch until all rounds have hit the ground.

gun spread.trk 1.65 MB · 0 downloads

Looks like ricochet to me, your rounds hit the correct place then you see splashes in the distance. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You think?  Maybe, but if you try it on the grass at the side of the runway, you get the same effect.  Ricochets unlikely in grass.

Here is one over the sea. Same issue. Unlikely to be ricochets there. What do you think?

gun spread 2.trk

You don't think there are ricochets on water?! Man, you are having some very wrong ideas of what can cause a ricochet.

Have you ever thrown stones at low angle and watched them bounce? You are doing the same here, shooting at flat angle.

And before you ask, yes, I have watched the track

Sure, but it's not really the same thing.  Same effect on runways, grass, water etc. Doesn't matter what the surface is.

But, I submit to the greater powers, ricochet it is!

5 hours ago, imacken said:

Thanks guys, but I’m afraid you are not talking about the issue I have raised. There is nothing in the video above on the same topic. No one has even looked at my track - no download - so I’m not sure how there can be relevant comments. This is not about general gun issues. 

Sorry... should have been clearer.  I knew that the video didn't address your particular issue, I just raised it to say there are a lot of odd issues with the gun at this point. Sorry for the red herring.

No problem.  Just thought I'd point out a behaviour I had not seen mentioned before. I guess we'll just see how things progress. 

• ED Team
On 4/20/2022 at 10:09 AM, imacken said:

Here is one over the sea. Same issue. Unlikely to be ricochets there. What do you think?

gun spread 2.trk 1.81 MB · 1 download

again not seeing any issue, you can see the initial splash of the rounds, anything after is ricochet. 

Ive personally seen ricochet happen on many surfaces.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks BN, as I said above, I'm happy to go on the ricochet solution. Just thought I'd mention it as I hadn't seen it in other missions.

crurrent ah64 30mm is very terrible wrost 

Worse, they didn't recognize the problem. Or it's just that nobody taught me about normal 30mm distance measurement or offset correction. The ah64 30mm currently has a 150 offset error when shooting within 1.5~3km.

AUTO or MAN both still broken 

hope fix when 

Edited by lee1hy

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5