AH-64D Keyboard Unit for Matric?

I set mine up like in the picture. Not an exact replicate of course, as I'm using a QWERTY layout instead of ABC.. as using that simply didn't make any sense to me. I also added shortcuts to select the acquisition source, to have the most needed functionality of the MPDs available quickly. The numbers below the ACQ buttons allow you to pick one of 1-6 stored targets when you select the T?? ACQ option.

gUtSdLA.png

I've attached a work-in-progress deck export file which is missing the key press events. I have the finished one on another computer and can upload that later if needed, but you'll anyway need to set up your own bindings in DCS so I guess the finished one won't really help you that much.

In the finished one I've set the ACQ buttons to first select the WPN page on left MPD, then click on ACQ select (one of the right side buttons on the MPD), and then click on the correct right/bottom side MPD button to actually select the wanted ACQ source.

AH-64DKU.deck

On 4/23/2022 at 9:45 PM, Von Rondstadd said:

Do you use It yourself?

Do you know a good program to use for assigning the keys to DCS?

No, I use Streamdeck.

But I have used 2 keyboards before.  For bluetooth I would link that to the PC which in fact would give you 2 keyboards...either should work. Mount the bluetooth where you want it in your pit for left hand use if wanting realism. 

Personally I would consider this method for whatever keyboard...

In DCS apache controls set up a SWITCH MODIFIER for the keyboard and assign an unused character.... '7' springs to mind, it is unused and think 'lucky 7' LOL.

Now go to your KU assignments and lets take 'A' as an example.  Delete the default keyboard assignment and insert 'A' with modifier '7'.  Do the rest B, C etc remembering the modifier '7' when you do. 

In flight / cockpit, to enter data into KU hit '7' once to engage your keyboard modifier switch.  Now enter your data using the new assigned keys.   When done hit '7' once more to turn the modifier switch to off or inactive....  Your keyboard is now as normal and not using the A, B, C etc for KU etc....

Might sound complicated but it is not really if used to DCS....

THIS METHOD OF KU DATA ENTRY SHOULD WORK FINE ON YOUR NORMAL KEYBOARD AND THE ONLY REASON I WOULD USE A BLUETOOTH ONE IS IF BUILDING SOME SORT OF REALISTIC PIT AND WANTED A SMALLER UNIT....

Hope this helps

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

I believe you will need some sort of macro keyboard to make it work, as Windows will see multiple keyboards as the same.

I did try various apps to before, (Autohotkey etc.), but it was too much of a hassle as it didn't work well in DCS, So i just got a couple of Razors, and now it's fine.

Cheers!