Numpad 5 key resets the VR view to center

Talvid

Hello to all concerned,

I'm running the Quest 2, which took some browsing to set up right, but now it works for me adequately with DCS OpenBeta in VR, even in Multiplayer.  What I'd like to do is change the keybind for the view reset to center from the Numpad 5 key to the Home key.  I would really appreciate hearing if anyone has found a settings page for that.

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

I think it's reset VR view in the UI layer of the settings.

edit: you should be able to find the setting by pressing numpad5 when you have the keyboard selected in the settings.

Edited by edmuss

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

thanks, you know.. I should've given myself a fighting chance and tried to set it when I found that slot empty on my UI layer,  I figured that since that slot in the keyboard column was empty the setting wasn't the one I was looking for.  However, just like you said, that helped me set it.  What a lifesaver, not having to worry while punching in coordinates with the 10 key now.  

• Like 1

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

the Home key is what I've used for view centering all through my years of using Track IR, and I'm thrilled I got it to work with VR instead of the numpad 5 key which I use for punching in coordinates.  It doesn't conflict with any other key, because I always use a modifier like RShift or RCtrl with Home to do a Throttle Idle or something like that.  

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

I like having buttons assigned in the UI Layer for these things. No way do I want to reach out for a keyboard with a VR headset on. 

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I use Ctrl+Shift+`, all up the left hand edge of the keyboard, I can find it instantly in VR with my left hand; thumb hits the bottom two, middle finger hits the top one.

• Like 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

I'm training myself to become a no-look keyboard wizard with this VR headset.  Home is just two keys up from the up directional key, and the ten key with the nearby Rctrl and Rshift modifiers is for everything from keying in and selecting radio freqs and coordinates.  With the numpad 5 freed up now I'm all set

Edited by Iceman555

VR rig - stinkin' cool!