Poor performance after patch.

Wingnutt270

I knew I would be typing this the second I saw there was a pending update, whats causing it THIS time?, how many times must I fight this battle...

High latency, studdering in VR... WMR Reverb 2.

Settings are irrelevant, I'm running the same exact settings that I was running before the patch and it was smooth as glass.  Now sitting on the ground looking around, terrible studdering, high latency.

Ive taken the usual step of deleting the contents of metashaders2 and FXO, but this time that did not have an effect.

So whats this fix this go-around?

EDIT: so I have done all of the steps listed here:
https://www.gamersbynight.com/dcs-settings-vr/

Including openXR.   And thats how it was running perfectly before, now its trashed again.

Edited by Wingnutt270

remove all mods.  perform a DCS repair/fix.  clean out the shaders & fxo.  reinstall OpenXR per the instructions of that first post in that specific thread.

let us know how it goes after...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

23 hours ago, javelina1 said:

remove all mods.  perform a DCS repair/fix.  clean out the shaders & fxo.  reinstall OpenXR per the instructions of that first post in that specific thread.

let us know how it goes after...

Ive taken the usual step of deleting the contents of metashaders2 and FXO, but this time that did not have an effect.

I have done all of the steps listed here:
https://www.gamersbynight.com/dcs-settings-vr/

Including openXR.   And thats how it was running perfectly before, now its trashed again.

Edited by Wingnutt270

Please post your rig specs and any other relevant app/config info

What's not clear;

- did you remove your mods?

- you performed a DCS repair/fix?

- ok, remove those the fxo and metashaders, (yes, again).

- screw the SteamVR settings via that link you mentioned.  You're using OpenXR at this point...

- follow the instructions to the "T", for the OpenXR mod (via that thread.  The very first post.  An absolute must).

Without knowing your current system and config specs, hard to help further. 

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

For the Ram comment
I don't mind them letting the use all the 64GB & 24GB Vram, but they need to let us know what's going on with the Settings
It's very likely the Pre-load radius that's too high.

Edited by Obic