Possible Release Date Time-Frame?

Mike Force Team

We have discussed different jets, especially those publicized in online posts and teaser videos. When we ask for release dates, the responses are general.  So, when is a possible time for new planes to be announced?

One possible date is around May 27, 2022. That date is when the highly anticipated sequel movie Top Gun 2: Maverick is released in the movie cinemas.

ED might release new planes and other modules at that time. It would be awesome if ED celebrated the release of Top Gun movie with related themes and missions.

I am expressing my opinions. I have no knowledge of what ED will do.

MFT

You must be new here. Thing is its vary vary hard to set a firm release date for any modual. And honestly they almost always get pushed back. The fact is any modules will get released when it's ready. We have to remember that they create these modules from littaraly nothing. Pushing a release date could force them to put something out there that is totally not ready. And well first impressions mean allot. Ask anyone involved in the Viper launch. The only eagerly anticipated jets I can think of are the F-4E, and the Mirage F-1. I suspect both of those will be mid to late year releases. They take people that have a skill I suspect nether of us know much about alot of time and work to create. The wait sucks. But it's far better for the release to be worth it when it comes out. 

I don’t know about release dates - too much of a hostage to fortune…

but we really are missing much in the way of pipeline or roadmap at the moment. To me, there seems to be very little visibility on post AH-64 ED modules… has ED subbed out module development? Most pipeline visibility is currently based on 3rd party devs…

WW2 - Marianas is the only ED content I can think of 😕  Corsair is the only aircraft (IIRC???) and that’s M3

Jets - anything ED??? There’s no forum subs for ED jets not already on release.  F1, MB-339, F-4, Typhoon, F-15E, MiG-23 are all 3rd party

Helos - same…?  Two 3rd party projects, no ED projects???

Edited by rkk01

5 hours ago, rkk01 said:

has ED subbed out module development? Most pipeline visibility is currently based on 3rd party devs…

God I hope so. Honestly at this point they could do QC and let the money come in from new players. That way they could focus on the core game. 

As far as new jets what are they going to do? Maybe full fidelity F-15C. Buy really where can they go? SAAB Griffin too classified. Dessalt Raphael to classified. fith Gen way way to classified. Russian modern fighters not allowd/to classified. J-20 if it can be done it will be DEKA that dose it. 

If I were ED I would finally finish what I started with the 4th Gen jets. Then I would pour my recorces into the absolute cash cow that is WWII. WWII Sims have huge player bases, DCS has the best flight models bare none. And could easily pull players off from the other WWII flight Sims. Since those modules are less complex the proceeds could go into the core. Then the improvements could be ported into base game. At least that is what I would do. 

8 minutes ago, FlankerKiller said:

SAAB Griffin too classified. Dessalt Raphael

Amazing how you managed to butcher everything in their names but "SAAB" 😄

9 minutes ago, FlankerKiller said:

Buy really where can they go?

Tornado is big in Europe. F-111 has many vocal fans too. F-104 - also important plane with interesting flight model. Mig-29A was also mentioned over the years. Or AH-1 Cobra. Britons would probably love a Buccaneer. The list goes on and on. 

• Like 1

• ED Team
On 4/20/2022 at 11:22 AM, Mike Force Team said:

We have discussed different jets, especially those publicized in online posts and teaser videos. When we ask for release dates, the responses are general.  So, when is a possible time for new planes to be announced?

One possible date is around May 27, 2022. That date is when the highly anticipated sequel movie Top Gun 2: Maverick is released in the movie cinemas.

ED might release new planes and other modules at that time. It would be awesome if ED celebrated the release of Top Gun movie with related themes and missions.

MFT

Not sure the purpose of this thread other than to guess dates. 

When we are ready to share news about any projects we will, there is no set time frame other than when the teams are ready. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Not sure the purpose of this thread other than to guess dates. 
When we are ready to share news about any projects we will, there is no set time frame other than when the teams are ready. 
thanks
It must be fantastic to work in a company where the customers, (professional word for fans), are having guessing contests of what awesome products you will disclose next!
I mean this in the most lighthearted positive way, 'cause I'm one of them!
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, sparrow88 said:

Amazing how you managed to butcher everything in their names but "SAAB" 😄

Tornado is big in Europe. F-111 has many vocal fans too. F-104 - also important plane with interesting flight model. Mig-29A was also mentioned over the years. Or AH-1 Cobra. Britons would probably love a Buccaneer. The list goes on and on. 

Hahaha, yeah spelling isn't my song suit for sure, and I was definitely fighting with spell check. 

The reason  I say what I say is most of the jets you mentioned are nich aircraft. Sure some of the community wanting them a big chunk isn't interested. Or doesn't even know what those jets are. I personally would love an AH-1W from around the Desert Storm Era. It's a helicopter that can do fucking SEAD. It carries Sidearms, and sidewinders. Plus it's got that Huey thump thump. Seriously we had a Marine aviation unit at my base, and if you haven't heard a bunch of Wisky Cobras coming in, your missing out. But at this point I don't know about me buying more modules. Probably would but a Wisky though. And that is what I mean. All the everyone is gonna buy this modules are already in game. Honestly there are more modules already in game then one can really fly. Maybe when the late cold War modules hit that will get alot of people buying. But how many players will say I have a Viper why do I want to fly an F-4E. 

2 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

But how many players will say I have a Viper why do I want to fly an F-4E. 

You would be surprised. Hornet was my first module but I rarely fly it because it feels boring compared to F-14 or Harrier. 

2 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

The reason  I say what I say is most of the jets you mentioned are nich aircraft.

The only thing that is niche among those is the Buccaneer. But Viggen is also niche and yet is hugely popular.

• Like 1

"The only thing that is niche among those is the Buccaneer. But Viggen is also niche and yet is hugely popular."

God the Viggen would be so much better if it had the fighter variant as well. Honestly the Harrier suffers the same issue. If the Ai was better, and that had the radar equipped version as well you could imagine scenarios where the more capable fighter just were not available. 

9 minutes ago, sparrow88 said:

You would be surprised. Hornet was my first module but I rarely fly it because it feels boring compared to F-14 or Harrier. 

It's honestly hard for me to say. I love aviation. I loved it as a child. I spent 21 years in aircraft maintenance in the airforce, I'm and A&P licensed mechanic,  and I'm about to go get a bachelor's in professional aeronautics and hopefully a commercial rating. And I hope my next career is in aviation safety. I fucking love aviation. DCS is less a game to me and more a chance to experience these awesome machines in a way that I'll never be able to in real life. There are vary few aircraft I wouldn't buy just to try out. Which is a challenge for me right now because I want to put more pressure on ED to develop core features in DCS, and I don't want to be a part of the problem. But I can't see a word that I don't pick up the F- 4 or the F1. Just for the history that they have. Hell like my second favorite module is the Christian Eagle. Seriously how can you not love that thing. Don't even get me started on the mustang, or the Tomcat. Once the A-7E hits I'll probably never even see my 4th gens again.

But I also know that I'm not the player base anymore. If you just want to play online against friends the get ant of the 4th gens and be done with it. If you had a Viper, or JF-17, or especially a Hornet, and the Apache you can fly every single mission type in DCS. Same in the WWII world. The Stang, Jug, and Mossy all have basically the same weapons loadouts. I don't know how many of the air quake online types are going to spend a $1,000+ dollars on modules. Even I am starting to ask if I will actually fly this. I do own every module, but that is because I had more mony then sense when I got back from my final deployment, and I wanted to support DCS, and all its developers. How many new players such as yourself see it that way. I was on this ride as far back as 2005. I was here when this almost didn't happen. I remember when DCS was being advertised at the beginning of Flanker 2.0. And I remember when it looked like the black Shark was dead in the water. So I bought every module I could to help keep it going. But how many new players think that way. I don't know if I would if I came into this today. The F-teens are a must buy for sure. The Apache too. But is everything else? And what else can the do that is a Must buy. Once the Phantom is out where can they go? And as much as old farts like me want a Phantom do the younger generations here even care. I love the challenge of non fly by wire. But dose the sixteen year old with a gaming rig? And dose he have the money to get them all as it were. 

And all of that is why I say what I say. ED seems to have sold themselves into a corner. There are no more must buy of everyone modules out there. Maybe just maybe the Mig-29. But it will be an A so its a hopped up third Gen. Of corse

On 4/20/2022 at 12:22 PM, Mike Force Team said:

MFT

Coming in May:

DCS: Awkward and cringy romance subplot

Goink a legend!

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 7:05 AM, FlankerKiller said:

As far as new jets what are they going to do? Maybe full fidelity F-15C. Buy really where can they go? SAAB Griffin too classified. Dessalt Raphael to classified. fith Gen way way to classified. Russian modern fighters not allowd/to classified. J-20 if it can be done it will be DEKA that dose it. 

My best guess is that ED is done with new jets. I'm thinking they have three options moving forward for aircraft modules, one of those three is almost a certainty:

1. They can continue developing WW2 aircraft. This is the one I think is a certainty.

2. They can focus on early jet aircraft. Though EA has said they have no interest in developing a century-series aircraft, I think they can go earlier and flesh out the Korean War theater. F9Fs, Thunderjets/Thunderstreaks, Skyraiders, (I'd personally prefer a Vietnam-era Skyraider, but Korean-era would do too), Shooting Stars etc. Not to mention all the Korean-era helos.

3. They can focus on helos. I would love a Chinook, Blackhawk, Cobra, Sea King, Sea Stallion, etc.

Just my two cents.

• Like 3

On 4/29/2022 at 10:20 PM, Jetguy06 said:

They can focus on early jet aircraft. Though EA has said they have no interest in developing a century-series aircraft, I think they can go earlier and flesh out the Korean War

Not just Korea, there are a tone of proxy wars from that time. The French, British, American, and Soviet aircraft industry were in full swing. There were lots of air battles, lots of cool unique aircraft, and alot of the WWII assets already fit.