Is it possible to change "difficulty"?

Good day

I stuck with one mission obviously because opponents are better than me.
I can open the mission in the mission editor and see levels for RED air crafts.
But I cannot save changes.
Looks like it does not allow me to change the mission.
Maybe there is any other way to set up "difficulty" for the campaign?
Or advice will be "Just improve your skills"? 🙂

Thank you

• Like 1

Mission Interception.
4 Mig-23 + 3 Tu-22
People on Youtube do it without a sweat
🙂
I think it is me who cannot play good enough
I checked level for AI - it is veteran + 2 trainee for Tu-22 and Veteran + 2 trainee + Rookie for MIgs
Looks not difficult.

I asked about difficulty just for checking - maybe it is exists somewhere....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Odessa said:

Mission Interception.
4 Mig-23 + 3 Tu-22
People on Youtube do it without a sweat
🙂
I think it is me who cannot play good enough
I checked level for AI - it is veteran + 2 trainee for Tu-22 and Veteran + 2 trainee + Rookie for MIgs
Looks not difficult.

I asked about difficulty just for checking - maybe it is exists somewhere....

That is such a fun mission. There are couple of things you have to make sure you do. Flight integrity until you climb and go for the bombers. Order your flight to cover you. They will take the Mig-23's or at least slow them down. Focus on the bombers and kill them quick. Use the 'Winders from the ideal position and don't get scared when you get close to the bombers, they shoot back, don't hang out and fight with the Mig-23's, take the bombers down, go low and bug out.   

Yes, that was my intention.
The biggest problem for me - to have them (my bots) next to me before the attack 🙂
I did not try yet "Cover me" command yet.
Only "Engage"
Thanks

Edited by Odessa

16 hours ago, Odessa said:

But I cannot save changes.

This is by design and part of the copy protection.

You should be able to launch the edited mission from the mission editor, though you won't be able to edit/change mission scripts, triggers, etc., and will need to make the same edits every time you want to play an edited version.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I think I found what my problem was.
Main rule - do not try to cheat system 🙂

Previously i flew directly to WP 3 to activate trigger.
And I tried to gain altitude before. My wing mates constantly lost me. So problem was to get them near me before the attack.

I finally flew the route properly and everything worked.  Mission passed.
One note - you are parked next to runway and shortest way to take off - turn right from parking area, roll 10 meters and take off with course 21.
But AT says course 04 for take off.
Even if I took off with course 21 but all my flight took off with course 04 after taxiing around airfield, they joined me on route without a problem.

Previously I taxied with them and took off with course 04 as well and flew to WP 3 directly - and they constantly lost me.
Thanks everyone for advice.

• Thanks 2

Active runways behavior changed at a previous update. I'm updating the winds on the missions to force the runway on the old heading. One of those bug things that keep on creeping up. I should have them all updated soon, hopefully before the next update.