George needs flying lessons.

truebrit

When giving the direct to command he acts like he's riding a mechanical bull, I gave the 180 degree command he turned 180 flew backwards for a while then flew into the ground.

Also is there a direct command to counter the dir-to command? For now I switch to H-B hold fwd, then release to stop.

EDIT: Just flew the scud hunt mission, came to WP03 switch to CP/G George AI pilot kept decreasing altitude so I ordered to increase, he said "increasing altitude" but continued to crash into a tree no matter how much increase I tried.

Edited by truebrit
  • Thanks 1

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

In my experience, he's just a little abrupt.  If you get the aircraft pretty close to a hover first, then George will have an easier time.  If you're heavy and doing 120kt, telling him to get into a hover might produce undesirable results.  If you check the AC page, you can get an idea how hard he's pushing the aircraft - if I see he's redlining it and we're descending, I'll know I need to take over and recover.

If you're telling him to increase altitude and he's descending, it's a good indication that you're heading towards a crash.  I don't think George can recover from these scenarios.

• Like 1

run come save me

He comes to a full stop and hover fine, it's just from then on.

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

3 hours ago, truebrit said:

he turned 180 flew backwards for a while then flew into the ground.

🤣 Yes, he murdered me a few times with the same style. 😄

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

You have to fly George the same way you would fly the helicopter yourself, give him time to react and have him slow down to about 70 knots before making larger turns seems to help. Having him fly towards mountains at 120 knots and he's not going to have the time to react, but slower he does a better job. When kept in the 70 or 90 knot range he does a pretty good job and is much steadier than most human pilots would be, so I can't be too hard on the guy.  I've even had pretty good luck with having him line me up for Rocket attacks using the CMBT line up command, though sometimes he seems to fight the torque and can't make the fine adjustments resulting in a go around.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10