T01 as an acqusition source in the CPG seat

sobe

I am having a hard time making my target T01 as an acquisition source for my TADS.   I can make a point as T01 and can make it show up in the TSD in red.  I can also do a direct to for the T01, but only by accident can I seem to make T01 as an acquisition source for the TADS.  I cannot seem to make the show and coor buttons and the phase button all talk to each other.  I can get the waypoints to show on the coor page, but not the target location.  I am trying to avoid making T01 as a waypoint per the Redkite YT video. 

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

These videos had me Storin' and Slavin' real quick.. ( 1st one Won't embed for some reason)

https://youtu.be/LRXdeBcp830

Basically just click COORD, click the T01 and SLAVE.

OR first select ACQ (R6) and select the number on the bottom row... B5 and select the T01 point.  You may or may not have to hit SLAVE.

Make sure the Target you are trying to slave is within the TADS field of view!!   A few times, the helo had rotated a bit and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working, but the TADS just could not get there.

Edited by Recluse

Recluse

I watched both videos so perhaps I do not understand something.  I get the MGRS numbers from the F10 map and go through the procedure to name the location as T01.  If it is to far away from my seeing it or far away from a wp, how do I still designate that T01 location as an acquisition source? 

Is there any method to get the T01 on the coor page list?

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

OK.. I didnt realize you were trying to use MGRS.

I suspect when you made the point, you made it a Waypoint instead of a Target point. You should then see it under the WP menu rather than the COORD menu. You can still use a WP as an acquisition source.

I just tried it though and this is what I did to make a Target point:

Set Phase to ATK

Go to POINT, ADD click on the POINT until TG shows up.

On the KBU for IDENT, type TG <Enter>

Enter Free Text if desired

Then enter the MGRS (removing one digit so there are only 4 numbers in each block.

Enter Altitude <ENTER>

You should then have T01 in the COORD Page.

You can select it as acquisition source.

I made a little TRACK showing it.  I used the SCRATCHPAD utility to copy down the coordinates for the target point. You can't see that in the track, but trust me the coords I entered for T01 were on that Map Object.

After I selected it as the Acquisition Source, I hit SLAVE on the TADS.

Note I selected a point close by, but it could be ANYWHERE (just you won't see it in the TADS when it is far away or not in LOS)

I did go into ATK Phase so the T01 would show up on the TSD.

Could just as well have made it a WP in NAV phase and used THAT as the ACQ source.

See the Manual page 193 for ADDING a POINT. for better instructions than I gave you 🙂

T01 Slave.trk

Edited by Recluse
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sobe said:

Recluse

I watched both videos so perhaps I do not understand something.  I get the MGRS numbers from the F10 map and go through the procedure to name the location as T01.  If it is to far away from my seeing it or far away from a wp, how do I still designate that T01 location as an acquisition source? 

Is there any method to get the T01 on the coor page list?

I don't know exactly what is happening, but what you could do is to check if you are on the NAV or ATK phases on TADS. If you are on NAV, the Targets won't show up or be stored. In order to set any point as acquisition source, what you do is go to the Point Page, and choose any coordinate, be it Waypoint, Control Measure or Target and click on the left side button. If you click on the right one it will show details, the left one sets it as your desired ACQ. 

Also, on the Wepons page, if you click the ACQ option, it will open the same page and you can choose your ACQ point from there.

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

Recluse

Apparently you are supposed to read what is written in the manual, NOT what you think is written.  Your track was perfect and I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. 

I owe you one. 

Thanks.

Just now, sobe said:

Recluse

Apparently you are supposed to read what is written in the manual, NOT what you think is written.  Your track was perfect and I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. 

I owe you one. 

Thanks.

Glad you got it sorted out! Happy to help out as I have been helped out by countless others around here!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, admiki said:

Only thing to add to Recluse's flow is that if you are in attack mode, once you press add point, you can skip typing TG for ident and just press ENTER

Thanks for that!  I thought that should be the case (based on how it worked for WPs) but went for the REDUNDANCY route  🙂

Edited by Recluse