Symbology

joojoo

This is the ASE footprint. All detected air defense will be displayed along the frame of this box (see the yellow symbols?). If it doesn't appear for you when doing cold starts, you may want to review your cold start procedure as you are clearly leaving something out connected with the ASE.

Edit: Oh wow, you didn't read the manual. Check page 161.

Edited by Rongor
  • Like 1

Sadly.  Not everyone has the time to read all of the manual or to remember everything in the manual.   On top of that he may have read the manual and didn’t quite understand what it was saying or pointing to.  I have not read that section of the manual yet.  But I do know if the system is turned on and there are no RWR contacts then the box is not displayed.  What may add to the confusion why the box appears and disappears when the system is on.  Perhaps sir Rongor, you will ask a question and some one happens to find your answer in the manual and they can give you the same response.   

• Like 4

• ED Team
26 minutes ago, Rongor said:

If you don't have the time to read a manual, it means you lack interest.

If you're not interested enough to put effort into learning things, don't expect others put effort into teaching you.

Please be nice, just helping him is appreciated, but you don't need to scold him, thanks. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Crap I am retired and still struggle trying to read all the manual lol. Must be more like us or Wags wouldn't be making all those cool videos of different aspects of Apache operations. Along with training missions (my preference).

• Like 3

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

3 hours ago, Rongor said:

This is the ASE footprint. All detected air defense will be displayed along the frame of this box (see the yellow symbols?). If it doesn't appear for you when doing cold starts, you may want to review your cold start procedure as you are clearly leaving something out connected with the ASE.

Edit: Oh wow, you didn't read the manual. Check page 161.

Who took the jam out your donut?

I hope you didn't kick your dog on the way back to the living room...

Edited by Castor Troy
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, joojoo said:

Hey to all

what that green box means in my right display? I have noticed that when I set the helicopter in thw air is always on, When I do do a cold start, never appears. 

Check this out. It'll show you at the 10:17 mark. I'd suggest watching the whole thing, as I learned more that is not covered in the training mission.

Edited by Castor Troy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, joojoo said:

what that green box means in my right display? I have noticed that when I set the helicopter in thw air is always on, When I do do a cold start, never appears. 

It means that the Radar and Laser Warning Receiver is active and has detected an emitter. Somewhere around that green box will be one or more yellow symbols representing an emitting radar system that your Apache is detecting (I don't believe laser warning is implemented yet). The box will go away when no active emitters are detected by the system. If you're not seeing it at all from a cold start though, you probably didn't turn the system on. From the WPN page go to the ASE sublevel, select UTIL, and toggle on the RLWR. 

4 hours ago, Rongor said:

If you don't have the time to read a manual, it means you lack interest.

If you're not interested enough to put effort into learning things, don't expect others put effort into teaching you.

And what does it mean about you that you're willing to put in the effort to scold someone online for asking a question about a computer game? Seriously, just not responding would have been the better option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe all of you failed to read but I was in fact helping him. I even guided him to the page to read it up. After this one I was only responding to the dude critizising me for helping out. 

9 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

It means that the Radar and Laser Warning Receiver is active and has detected an emitter. Somewhere around that green box will be one or more yellow symbols representing an emitting radar system that your Apache is detecting (I don't believe laser warning is implemented yet). The box will go away when no active emitters are detected by the system. If you're not seeing it at all from a cold start though, you probably didn't turn the system on. From the WPN page go to the ASE sublevel, select UTIL, and toggle on the RLWR. 

And what does it mean about you that you're willing to put in the effort to scold someone online for asking a question about a computer game? Seriously, just not responding would have been the better option.

Yeah, that's basically what I explained to the OP (btw the symbols appear in fact inside the box). Check page 161 in the manual.

13 hours ago, NineLine said:

Please be nice, just helping him is appreciated, but you don't need to scold him, thanks. 

These were 2 guys. The OP received my help. My quote you critcized was a response to another guy's reaction. While he certainly wasn't nice, yet I can't see any scolding on anyone's side.

• Like 1

• ED Team

The forums are here to help people, if they need to ask questions they can, if people have the time to answer it is all good. Lets just keep it friendly and help out our DCS comrades.

If anyone needs quicker help you can also jump into our discord server, lots of regular DCS users always helping out with questions. 

Thanks 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2