BUG - Fencer crashed, I got "mission failed." (spoilers)

***spoilers***

After my wingman and I took out the Flankers, we were headed back to anchor at Gori (WP 2) when after a few minutes I got the message that we had violated our ROE and MISSION FAILED message.  

Looking at the log after the mission, it appears a Fencer (Fencer 3) crashed on its own.  Did this cause the mission failure?  I don't know what else could have.  No other shots were fired after we downed the Flankers.  

Bug?  Fix coming, I hope. 

Thanks for the report. Hopefully this was a fluke (the AI can be extremely wonky at times)

The ROE violation did come as a result of the Fencer crash, most likely; I don't want to spoil the rest of the mission by explaining what happens next but them dying early would be problematic.

I'm going to give the mission a run myself when I am able, please let me know if this happens again on your end if you replay it. Should you experience the issue again, please try to send me a .TRK or .ACMI so I can see exactly what happened.

Edited by feefifofum

I tried again last night, and same thing happened (just later in the mission.)

This time I was able to get back to WP2 to anchor, and had several messages to be on standby and Lizard flight was starting an attack run, etc. Then the ROE Mission Failed. Post-mission screen showed a Fencer crashed again. 

I forgot to save the track file though. I’ll give it another go and - if the same thing happens - make sure I save that TF. 

I made some proactive tweaks to the Fencers' flight plan that seems to have corrected the issue on my end;

I also discovered a few other problematic behaviors in the process that have been corrected; the updated mission should be included with the next patch!

EDIT: Unfortunately these fixes didn't make it into today's OB patch, but it should be in the next!

Edited by feefifofum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have played mission 15 three times, and three times got ROE mission failure.

First time my missile was on its way to a Flanker when the hold fire message came in (this was the time I wished my missile would not hit the Flanker, but it hit it and I got ROE violation, talk about luck 🙂 )

2nd and 3rd time i flew back to Gori and got ROE message. Saw this post and realised the reason.

Hope this get patch up soon!