Logitech X56 Rhino mode switch.

Hi Guys

If I switch my Rhino to mode 2 would I be able to select different actions for the various switches on it without having an effect on the ones already programmed in Mode 1? For instance, I have an idea to make a selection purely for startup on my F16 but fear that if I change anything on the controls set up it will overwrite what is already there?

TIA

Lee

From my memory of the Saitek/MadCatz/Logitech programming software the modes defaulted to "fallback" behavior which causes the child modes to inherit actions from the parent mode unless specifically different. There's a drop down selection at the top of each mode column (up to 6 columns if there are 3 modes, shifted+unshifted). That should let you pick which is the parent mode to fallback to. In short, it'll be fine and if you don't like it you can remove it without harm. If you're really worried make a backup copy of your profile file. I recommend selecting the column view from the "views" button at the top.

Unless you're not talking about using the software profiler and just DCS itself then adding the mode buttons as modifiers will cause any actions not with that modifier to be ignored. You can go through and also bind those combinations to those old actions again so it works as ButtonX, ButtonX+ModifierA, ButtonX+ModifierB.

5 minutes ago, Lee1 said:

Thanks for the reply. I already have backups of my control .lau so I'll give it a go.

Hi.

Keep in mind that what you program in the Saitech/Logitech software is a "key press", or a "sequence of key presses", that can  be perfectly independent one fron each other according to the selector position. So, as @Frederfsaid, you can have a button to do one thing (keypress or direct input as joy button) in mode 1 and aonther completely different action in mode 2, again button presss or key press. Same for mode 3. And double that with the Pinkie! Mindblowing!

Saludos.

Saca111